Under rug for outdoor?

RubysGold

Visit site
I'm going to buy Roo an underrug to go under her outdoor rug, as her new heavyweight rug, is more of a medium weight.
I heard you can get an underrug thats meant for outdoor use?
I don't know if thats true though, or would I be better with just a normal stable under rug?

sambarny23

Visit site
i use an amigo insulator rug underneath mine, but i would recommend the 1 without the neck on it as i find it slips down

MagicMelon

Visit site
I have a Weatherbeeta Tristar - you have an inner liner which can be easily machine washed. You can buy them seperately at various different weights. I have used stable rugs before but the liner is better as it has no x surcingles, just clips at the back to clip onto the outer rugs leg clips.

TicTac

Visit site
Ask your self does ahe really need it? Too many people put far too many rugs on their horses when actually it's the dry cold weather that they cope with better than the wet.

Personally if you need to put something else on under a HW turnout stick to a lightweight stable rug. I have just bought a Weatherbeeta Jasper light as an under rug for use in the stable. £32.00 Will go in the washing machine at home and can be used in the autumn/spring on it's own before the need for a heavier rug.

Annie&Amy

Visit site
We use either a stable under rug or stable rug underneath turnout and works really well but this is for a 34yr old who we're trying to keep as warm as possible xxx

_HP_

Visit site
I use a 100g rug liner especially for that purpose. It clips and velcro's onto the rug to stop it moving about.. Works a treat
smile.gif

shellonabeach

Visit site
I bought a FAL under rug in the sale a couple of months ago. On the packaging it appears to be geared towards use under TO rugs and does have a lovely waterproof belly pad (the main reason I bought it).

I'm ashamed to say I still haven't taken it out of the bag and am using a thin stable rug as an under rug at the moment.

http://www.falpro.co.uk/turnout_rugs/original_under_rug_turnout/

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
thats fine! i tend to fold the hind underrug corners up so they dont get wet/muddy but the under rug is still covering the back and loin area! they do stay put a bit like hospital corners!!