Underside tail rubbing

jockeyboiliam

New User
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I wonder if any one has encountered this problem and has found a cure. My mare when travelling manages to rub the underside of her tail raw. She travels herringbone with plenty or room to spread her legs for balance, she travels very quietly (have a camera to see). I have tried everything I can think of for now from bandages, tail guards, quarter protectors that cover the whole back end and protect from what ever is on her tail, tried travelling her with no guard and also tried travelling her covering the under side with cream to sooth and lubricate. I am lost and have no clue on what do next.

I am now only able to take her out every 3 weeks so that it is healed so it is slowing down her competition/training experiences. hopefully affiliating eventing next year when we will need to be going out much more regularly. Thank you so much in advance if somebody has any suggestions that may help!

loobylu

Visit site
I'd be tempted to try with nothing (not sure if when you say no guard if you mean nothing at all?) or try a soft polo wrap if you haven't already.