Unexpected lameness during vetting

nutjob

Visit site
It sounds like what they have is a completed application for a passport that was never sent off (in which case the seller is breaking the law).

This. I wouldn't buy a horse without a valid passport even if this seller seems genuine. Original one prob "lost" while at Harry Evans or never obtained by Harry Evans FOR SOME REASON!

Sorry PaintPony but I would be getting my running shoes on. Didn't the previous vet mention the passport issue? They are supposed to check that it matches the horse and scan microchip.

PaintPony

Visit site
This. I wouldn't buy a horse without a valid passport even if this seller seems genuine. Original one prob "lost" while at Harry Evans or never obtained by Harry Evans FOR SOME REASON!

Sorry PaintPony but I would be getting my running shoes on. Didn't the previous vet mention the passport issue? They are supposed to check that it matches the horse and scan microchip.
vet said that it wasn't a proper passport but didn't seem bothered by it, his microchip number and markings are on there so she did check it was the right horse.

Squeak

Visit site
I've got to agree with the others at this stage, with the additional information I'm afraid I'd walk away, it's all just sounding a bit odd. The right one will be out there.

w1bbler

Visit site
Run away very fast, the latest info ref passport & harry Evans is a huge red flag.
Additionally, if you are planning on insuring you have to declare the failed vetting, even if they subsequently pass, so could end up with exclusions.