Unhappy horse any idea what it could be?

kate79

Visit site
Hi there, I have a 6 year old mare, had her 18 months as a general rule very quiet. A few months Back she became strong only in Trot not in walk or canter then about 8 weeks ago she started to pull back in trot and side kick/Buck with her hind right leg and bunny hops.. We buted her rested for 2 weeks then bought her in to work 2 weeks later it happened again so vet came out, no lameness just not tracking up but sent to equine hospital when she couldn't get up in field! Then when she went to equine hospital she was ok as had been on rest... 2 weeks later we are back to the unhappy pony again! At the horse hospital she had X-ray on stifle and back.. Anyone any idea! ??

kate79

Visit site
Hi guys thought I would update you, after a couple of months of knowing my mare wasn't happy.. Trying to be fobbed off that it's behavioural... We went to the equine hospital and she has done her hind left suspensory with secondary sacrilliac pain only 6 :-( shows it's worth pushing though I knew she wasn't being naughty! X

applecart14

Visit site
I am amazed that the first time you took her to the horspital they couldn't diagnose what was wrong with her and find that she had done her left suspensory. At least they half got the back part correct, although they didn't diagnose SI the first time!!

If this was my horse I would be asking for an explanation as to why they failed to diagnose correctly the first time. Hope she recovers well.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Hi guys thought I would update you, after a couple of months of knowing my mare wasn't happy.. Trying to be fobbed off that it's behavioural... We went to the equine hospital and she has done her hind left suspensory with secondary sacrilliac pain only 6 :-( shows it's worth pushing though I knew she wasn't being naughty! X

at least you know what's wrong now but if she was not tracking up behind the first time when the vet came it does mean she is lame so they should have done further investigations, well done for knowing she was not right and sending her back vets are not always right! it doesn't mean the end for her many come right after suspensory injuries, one of mine had a hole in his after 4 months off his sound and back to riding.