Unhappy pony

Asimmons

www.apricotfox.com
Saff was diagnosed with arthritis a fortnight ago. She has been on MSM/glucosamine and bute before and after being ridden (which hasn't happened owing to the weather!). I got her in this am with a view to riding( vet has said leave her out as much as possible because it's better for her to be moving about) and she just looked wrong to me. Her eyes are a bit swollen, lower legs are warm. She still has her appetite but she made it clear that she was NOT up for a ride. She looks very lack lustre. Coat is shiny under rug, she is standing normally, she does not mind her feet being picked out so I don't think it's laminitis (which she has never had in 18 yrs). I have been feeding her mollichaff and a few high fibre nuts twice a day because there is very little grass in the field..and she has hay at night as well. She is not obese ( I can feel her ribs but can't see them). The vet is coming this pm but does anyone out there have any ideas about what might be going on? She seems to have aged dramatically in the last three months having looked much younger than her rising 19 yrs until mid summer.

Equestrian92

Visit site
Poor little girl, Im afariad I dont know what is wrong with her, they maybe something foing on down her lower leg? Are her hooves hot too?

Equestrian92

Visit site
Well I know you say shes never had laminitice but from previous experience hot hooves is laminitice Im sure there are other things for that too though, Its a bit weird really if both legs are warm too, well lets just hope the vet can solve it, bless her. In the mean time just give her a load of TLC x