University BUCS Nationals

libbyandblue

Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone on here at been to the BUCS Nationals at Hartpury before? I qualified as an individual in the championship league, and it's the first time I've been down and just wondered if you had any experiences really! Does the dressage test come out before? I know its a quadrille of some sort, so I'll be riding with 3 other riders, but I'd quite like to practice before. Also what height does the jumping start at? I'm presuming around 1m but just want to be sure!

Last edited:

duckling

www.facebook.com
I went to support friends who qualified as individuals twice, in 2009 and 2011, and was a regional organiser so had a good idea of the rules - unless things have drastically changed, this is how it used to be :)
The team test was 3 riders (you and the other 2 individuals that qualified in your regional) and was released before the event. Get friendly with the other individuals so even if you can't practice it together, you can agree a signal for all starting/halting/saluting together. When I went that was an obvious difference in the team tests between the individuals and those that had qualified as a team - most of those had practiced it together at their uni yard beforehand. Even though its still best rider on each horse, the team impression still has an influence.
I believe the jumping first round was 90cm going up 10cm per round to 1m20 in the finals.
Both times I went were great fun although preferred it when it was at Arena UK. The party was better! Also take a few friends from your riding club for support, we adopted some of the individuals that went on their own as our whole team went in support, and its always useful to have a test caller, course walker, boot cleaner, drink grabber etc! Its great fun, everyone was v friendly when we went :) Good luck!

charlimouse

Visit site
I can't really help as I'm not too sure myself, but I will be there riding on my Uni's Championship team (we also have qualified our trophy team, so there will be quite a crowd of us!). I can't wait!