Unlevel on one diagonal, fine on the other one?

Doormouse

Visit site
Help, please as I am starting to tear my hair out with this horse!

12 year old ex racehorse, ran over hurdles mainly but 3 times over fences as well. Was given him last summer, gave him a few months out, got him back in work, weak behind but nothing too serious, or so it seemed, back person fiddled a bit and declared good to go. Off with a virus for the whole winter, now back in work again, looks fab but is definitely very uncomfortable on one diagonal.

On right diagonal he feels 100%, on left diagonal he feels so bad that I can't actually cope with trying to trot on it! he twists me so badly it hurts. He however seems completely unconcerned.

I have tried bute, made no difference, the vet said he has an uneven pelvis from either an injury or made that way and he is not lame but just looks unlevel because of it? However, as it has clearly got worse from last year I feel there must be something g more than that.

Has anyone any experience of this type of unlevel / lameness and what was your final diagnosis?

Nudibranch

Visit site
That exact description fits my semi retired veteran who is arthritic. In her case we think its in all four but worse on one fore. Could be a possibility in an ex racer at that age?

CBAnglo

Visit site
My first thought is sacroiliac joint damage; can you get a very good McTimony chiropractor to see him? Mine keeps my ex-racer together without him he would have completely broken down years ago.