Unlucky green?

HeatherAda

Visit site
I found out at the weekend that the colour green is apparently unlucky in the equestrian world.

news to me (green saddle cloth - oops!), but interesting nonetheless. anyone know why? or think green is unlucky too?

apparently YO's hubby wouldn't even drink out of a green mug he's that sure green is unlucky

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Green is supposed to be unlucky in Motor racing too, I think...
crazy.gif

Abbeygale

Visit site
I've always heard that green cars are unlucky too, but mum and dad have had a green car for donkeys years, and its been fine. Never heard of it being unlucky with horses though. Although we used to have a horse who hated green rugs, and if any of the other horses had a green rug on he would try and pick them up by their rug, and generally destroy the rug!

I've also always heard that red cars were dangerous - so does it mean that red numnahs / boots etc make your neddy dangerous
grin.gif
??

Someone told me the other day that horses hate yellow? Has anyone else heard this? I have a bright yellow horse lorry, but have never had any real problems with them loading in it....

soph21

Visit site
I used to ride 2 horses that were petrified of red cars whether they were being driven or parked! and another 1 hated blue cars! My horse spooks at dark green bushes/plants if they are surrounded by lighter colours. I think he's just a weirdo!!
Ive never heard of them being scared of yellow. I think its a myth that horses are colour blind!!

Kate260881

Visit site
My old eventer's colours were green and blue and he was a star. I have also got a green saddle cloth and boots for Penny and so far there haven't been any problems (but then I've only had her 6 days). Seems a weird colour to be unlucky as its what they eat all day!

Gorgeous George

Visit site
I thought green was lucky, I know someone who always puts her green rosettes in the lorry for luck! Also isn't green lucky in motor racing in years gone by all the British cars were green, hence the colour 'British racing green' - now I could have this all wrong of course!

wizoz

Visit site
My x country colours are Green and Blue, can't say that it has bought me bad luck really, if things go wrong, it's usually pilot error!
crazy.gif

Abbeygale

Visit site
Noooo - it can't be yellow that is unlucky - otherwise I would have to re-paint my lorry - and I love the yellow-ness!!! It is so easy to find on showgrounds, as it stands out like a sore thumb!!! LOL!!!
grin.gif

Bananarama

Visit site
grenn unlucky... well I know all about that! My uncle has OCD and is convinced green is unlucky. Someone once gave his girlfriend a pair of green gloves for her birthday and he made her send them back
blush.gif

And red cars are atually dangerous, its harder to see the red braking lights on a red car
tongue.gif

SAL66

Visit site
Being in the motor industry, green cars are considered unlucky becuse they are involved in more accidents supposedly due to them being the same colour as hedging , trees etc, so blend more in to the background.

Daft I know, and a piece of pretty useless information to boot !!!