Unsure if this is in the right place but I need an idea on how ....

Colleen_Miss_Tom

Somewhere in Ireland up north to the west abit , t
Visit site
much ?

I had a very good young rider come ride Missy for 45 mins, will round it up to an hour, He then jumped her at her first training show . He is very professional in his work with horses, His mum breeds some lovely showjumpers .

Anyhoos after a little background, How much would you pay a rider for the above ?

Just to add, He is half a mile up the road from me, came down to our yard, For the training show I took the mare down myself, tacked up and warmed up, So just a matter of him getting on and doing the 2 rounds .

scrumpygus

Visit site
The pro riders that get on and compete for others i know charge £25 for 2 classes. That is at low end BSJA though im sure if its higher levels they get a percentage of prize money aswell if they win.
I would expect to pay around £25- £30 for a pro rider to school my horse for half hour to 45mins.

diggerbez

Visit site
well when my trainer competed my grey at DR for me i paid him the normal £30 an hour to come and school him (i'd have paid the £30 if i'd had a lesson if that makes sense) 2x a week- if he wanted to do more then he did that for free. then i paid the comp fees, got the horse ready and took it but didn't pay for him to compete. we spilt the prize money...
smile.gif
don't now if thats normal but i was happy with that

horseywelsh

Visit site
£20 an hour i get for riding other peoples horses (probs fit description of your rider), £15 of they come to me.
They pay entry fees but keep rosettes/prize money etc. I don't get paid for riding at a competition (which i'm happy with as they get the horse ready, pay class entries etc, all i do is turn up and ride
smile.gif
)

horseywelsh

Visit site
sorry, i'm confused too, you said around the £15-20 mark, but then you asked if he would be offended if you offered him £35. Are you saying you would offer him £35 for riding your horse twice a week for example?

TayloredEq

www.tayloredequestrian.com
I used to compete my friends mare whilst she was pregnant.

I charged her £15 to school the horse at her yard (20mins away).

If it was a local show I charged her the same rate as if I was schooling at home for her, but she also had to cover any food/drinks at the show and I also got to keep any prize money.

If it was a show further afield - ie regionals and involved staying away she had to pay for my yard to be covered as I wouldn't be able to be there.

Hope that makes sense.

In your situation I would ask yourself what you are looking for? IE do you want him to ride the horse longterm or is it just the odd ride every now and again? How good is the horse? Is it likely to help him out to be riding the horse - exposure/competition practice etc.

If it is to be a short term thing then I would pay him about what you suggested. However if it was to be longer term I would be looking for a deal especially if it offers him benefit.

Colleen_Miss_Tom

Somewhere in Ireland up north to the west abit , t
Visit site
Its only short term, A few health issues
smile.gif

Shes just a young horse, So whether she will benefit him now ..... I doubt it, but shes doing super with him and well, I'll continue to let him ride her until my issues have been resolved
smile.gif

He also has his own young horses which his mum provides him with, So he is going to these shows anyways
smile.gif

Thanks very much for your reply
smile.gif

Col xx