Upadte on Charlies hoof/shoe

lovecharles

Visit site
Hello all,

I hope i didn't cause an argument last night, and i know i must have seemed very irresponsible RE: the loose/torn off whatever shoe.

Farrier came out today, said the shoe probably wasn't tight enough, so has been ripped off, slid back and stuck.

The clip had punctured the toe, but luckily, nothing too major, just a poultice for a few days to make sure there is nothing nasty. he's coming back next week to put it back on TIGHTLY!!!

Thank god there's not too much damage - and basically, I am paying for the re-fit as it was my horse who did it, but I get a bit knocked off as it prehaps wasn't on tight enough, for that to happen overnight.

Horse is a bit sore, but nothing major, farrier is okay, and I'm happy.

Sorry for instantly blaming the farrier - I was just annoyed. And thank you for all of your help and advice.

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
glad it's sorted. poor little man (horse and blamed farrier!). though i'd have probably stuck out my bottom lip and asked for it to be done free...
laugh.gif

Spellbound

Visit site
I did read the post
Glad that you have it sorted out but shame he punctured the foot.
My mate did the same with a shoe having her legs hosed off just stood on it and twisted it. Also only shod the night before.
Am not sure I woudl be paying for a refit though as the shoe was not even on for 24 hours. The farrier who does our yard sorts any problems like that in a 7 day period of shoeing for free. Guess I am really lucky to have him

lovecharles

Visit site
I guess i normally would ask for it for free...but i felt guilty for blaming the farrier! I know it wasn't to his face but still...

I'm a push over for a handsome farrier.
tongue.gif

TheFarrier

jamesthefarrier.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for instantly blaming the farrier - I was just annoyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose we should be used to this by now it happens so often. I cant say i like it when it happens. Ive been blamed for a horse going lame when it had a giant curb just because i had shod it the day before.

I went straight out to look at the horse and instantly saw it, the curb

lovecharles

Visit site
I know and i feel very bad. I didn't ever say anything to him or have a go at him, just asked if he could come and have a look at it.

oh well, tis all sorted now.
smile.gif

lovecharles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
QR
you've got a HANDSOME farrier? sooo jealous... i'd pay double for a hotty...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha - yep, and i just HAVE to stand at ponios heas when he's doing the fronts. Just in case he nips his bum
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Spellbound

Visit site
Lucky you having a handsome farrier to boot
(you sure you didn't twist the shoe back just kidding)
I know farriers often get a raw deal which is really unfair. These things can happen with shoeing, I find being nice and polite with mine (plus a cuppa and a cake) means anytime I have a worry he always gets there ASAP plus spends extra time discussing me horses feet with me.
No Feet, No Horse so they are well worth the looking after

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
glad its being sorted, slightly surprised at being charged. As long as we are regular ie every 6 weeks cos thats what we need ours will come out anytime to put shoes back on etc for free (well a piece of flapjack helps!) he has even been out on a saturday (only cos rugby was cancelled!) when we were competing the next day and would come and put shoe back on if week 4. Thats what previous farrier did so as he took over the business that is what I expected of new one too. granted he lives quite close and keeps his horses closer but would expect the same regardless.

Bowen4Horses

www.poppywebber.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
QR
you've got a HANDSOME farrier? sooo jealous... i'd pay double for a hotty...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha - yep, and i just HAVE to stand at ponios heas when he's doing the fronts. Just in case he nips his bum
tongue.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

in case the PONIO nips his bum? hmm? bet you do it and blame the pony...