Update: deep breath, pulling socks up and continuing to sparkle.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
So sorry to hear about CS but pleased you have found a new project.
A bit concerned about his age - how long are we going to have to wait for a competion report?

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
RIP CS, must have been a hard but brave decision you had to make. Love the new addition to the family there, and loving Figs reaction too! :)

Doormouse

Visit site
Very sorry to hear about CS, awful decision to have to make, have had to do exactly the same with one of mine too, but knowing they are safe and free of either physical or mental pain forever makes it a little easier. Brave decision.

Love the new arrival, looking forward to lots of updates along his way.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
So sorry to hear about CS but pleased you have found a new project.
A bit concerned about his age - how long are we going to have to wait for a competion report?

lol! until 2016 for actual comp reports but in between now and then there will be lots of matchy matchy in hand pics, and blingy backing pics and Goofy goes on road trips to see the world pics :)

stilltrying

Visit site
How very sad, sorry to hear you've lost your beautiful boy. Always enjoyed reading your posts (well, mostly looking at the pics and ogling at the sparkliness of you both!). Youngster looks lovely : )

Sheep

Visit site
lol! until 2016 for actual comp reports but in between now and then there will be lots of matchy matchy in hand pics, and blingy backing pics and Goofy goes on road trips to see the world pics :)

Good, I too was worrying about the long wait - it will be really interesting to see the whole journey of producing a competition horse! I am through and through a leisure rider so I'm excited to see his progress.

I was very sorry to hear about CS, but you made a brave decision and I look forward to see the sparkling continue (and bling and matchy matchy!)!

PolarSkye

Visit site
What a very selfless and courageous decision you made regarding CS - he was extremely lucky to have such sensible, grown-up owners. I am sure you will miss him terribly.

Oh, but Goofy! Just love the name . . . suits him too. Looks like he has wonderful paces and will give you years of fun and success. I can't wait to read all about him . . . and Fig, obviously :).

Take care,

P x

TPO

Visit site
Sorry again to read about your loss but echo the sentiments of other as to how selfless you were to make that decision for him. Hopefully you can take comfort in knowing that you done your absolute best for him and that he had a good life with you.

Your new boy is lovely and I look forward to following your progress, hopefully on here and, if not, on FB.

EmmaB

Visit site
So sad to hear about CS, but you really did try your hardest for him, more than many people would have!

Glad Fig is getting on well, and Goofy looks fab, will be very exciting to see his progress and when it comes to backing him! :)

Booboos

Visit site
Terrible news about CS, just terrible. You did your absolute best for him and no one could have done more. I am very sorry he didn't settle in retirement, I've had to make a similar decision and it was heart breaking and took a long time to get to terms with.

Goofy is wonderful and has the best name.

Visit site
What wonderful news, after such sad news, Goofy is a brilliant name & I look forward to seeing the Goof-bling! I have only known one Goofy (proper name: Kingsize!) before and he was an awesome horse and so loving and also had a very caring owner.

look forward to seeing NMT's Christmas present out and about - Weston Lawns perhaps!

Lollysmum

Visit site
Paul will be so chuffed you used his picture, I think Pea so looks so pleased with himself in it!

Goofy is gorgeous (but you already know that!)

Lollysmum

Visit site
Aah thanks, he's an old softy and was really upset by your news x Next time we're in your neck of the woods we'll come and take some of Goofy! Maybe we can do an Equissentials Dressage sponsored rider shoot (oops am I allowed to say that!!)

Foxford

Visit site
Wow, I certainly wasn't expecting this news. Really sorry that you had to come to that decision, but best of luck with your new boy. X

_GG_

Visit site
and in answer to whoever asked-no,we never find out why he did what he did. we found out what it definately wasnt, but not what it was and tbh could have spent thousands searching, only for the final outcome to be the end. Thats really as much as i want to go in to it.

Sometimes all an answer can serve to do is tick a box. The why's, what if's and shoulda/woulda/coulda thoughts are irrelevant in the face of the reality of what is a very sad and desperate situation. All that is needed at such times is thought for the welfare of the horse and you have not failed in that regard for a second. I totally understand your need to be private and it requires no justification. Nor does the decision you ultimately made.

It was about CS before he left our world, but it is about you now and for your own sanity...I hope that everyone will agree that you've nothing to answer for and only deserve the thoughts, prayers and good wishes that you've been receiving. xxx

Farcical1

Visit site
I don't know the ins and outs, but how sad to hear of CS passing. It sounds like you did the best for and by him, and that's all any horse could want.

The new boy looks rather fab. Wishing you all the luck in the world with him.

Teasel

Visit site
Normally a lurker....so, so sorry to read about CS. Goofy has some very big sparkly boots to fill....but he looks gorgeous and up for a challenge! Will continue to follow your posts with interest x

Clare85

Visit site
So very sorry to read about CS. A difficult and brave decision to make. Rest peacefully beautiful boy.

All the very best with Goofy, and of course Fig!

Take care x

Sheep

Visit site
it maybe has come as a shock to a few of you, but it was a decision taken over many weeks, of trialling and eliminating a few things and waiting on results etc. We did keep all that very quiet as i couldn't bear the *why don't you try this* repeatedly when we already knew we were nearing the end of the road.

and in answer to whoever asked-no,we never find out why he did what he did. we found out what it definately wasnt, but not what it was and tbh could have spent thousands searching, only for the final outcome to be the end. Thats really as much as i want to go in to it.

I can completely understand why you wouldn't want to broadcast everything. Ultimately he was yours, you knew him best and did all you could for him. That's all any horse could ask for.

Sometimes all an answer can serve to do is tick a box. The why's, what if's and shoulda/woulda/coulda thoughts are irrelevant in the face of the reality of what is a very sad and desperate situation. All that is needed at such times is thought for the welfare of the horse and you have not failed in that regard for a second. I totally understand your need to be private and it requires no justification. Nor does the decision you ultimately made.

It was about CS before he left our world, but it is about you now and for your own sanity...I hope that everyone will agree that you've nothing to answer for and only deserve the thoughts, prayers and good wishes that you've been receiving. xxx

This ^^

Puffin

Visit site
Really sorry to hear about CS, I always look out for your threads. Sounds like the right decision however hard.

Onwards to even more amazing things with Goofy. How did you come up with that name for such a beautiful horse!?

Lolo

Visit site
RIP CS. I like to think he's causing merry hell with Bee somewhere- you did all you could for him, and he had such a happy time with you.

Tash88

Visit site
I don't always respond on here as I follow your FB page and comment on that, but just wanted to echo what others have said and say how sorry I am, for you both, that you had to say goodbye to CS. I hope this comes out right and you know what I mean - nobody needs to hear the whole story and similarly nobody is judging your actions or decisions; we all know that you and NMT would have done all you could for him and that you made a courageous and difficult decision.

Best of luck with Goofy, he is a special little horse and I think he will go far :), looking forward to seeing him in matchy matchy and sparkes.

Tx