Update: deep breath, pulling socks up and continuing to sparkle.

lucemoose

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of CS to you, but I applaud you for being able to make that final decision and to push on through and to be coming out the other side with the purchase of Goofy. (cannot type that without internally lolling) Did you go for a specific bloodline/ type/ colour?!?!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
Lucemoose- no, I knew I wanted something different, looked at several hackney and gelderlander X types and pinged an email to a few dealers asking them to keep an eye out. Goofy was the first one that really really grabbed me and when we saw him in the flesh his personality had us suckered in lol. I didn't go after a WB but he was the nicest by a long way in my budget :) I Loff him lots already :)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Been following on here and facebook and had nothing to add thats not already been said, but boo to no Hackney would have loved to see what you made of one!

As has been said you did everything you could for CS and it really showed how much you cared and wanted him to do well! Super good luck with Goofy I'm sure he will be fab :).

x x

now_loves_mares

Visit site
I've not been on here much so wasn't expecting this at all. But having followed your journey together over the years, I know you tried every possible route to keep him happy. There's a lot we don't understand about horses, even now; I have one that we speculate as being "autistic" or whatever the equine equivalent might be. Luckily she is happy being retired; but if she wasn't I would do exactly as you have. You must have had to be very strong to say enough is enough, when you'd come so far and tried so hard. CS was indeed lucky to have you, on so many levels.

I hope Goofy (who is gorgeous) provides a rather more uncomplicated road to success.

RIP CS.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
thank you everyone for you lovely kind words, its been a funny old weekend with having a clinic at home and being sat on the sidelines.

but steph walked up to meet the Goof and really liked him and he even did a bit of poncey trot for her when he moved on to the winter field, so she could admire him in motion!

he has been a clever lad all weekend, he came out the field alone and left everyone and went for a walk round our property and was totally chilled, then Bruce went off for a hack and left him on his own in the field for an hour and he neighed 2/3 times then went back to eating...............then he came in and had all 4 feet picked out and sprayed with anti-back stuff(they are a bit deep and smelly!) which is a big milestone as he's quite unsure about having his back feet held up.

so really pleased with small furry nuts progress!!!!!

Dollysox

Visit site
A lurker on your posts, and don't comment as I don't have anything useful to say, but so sorry to hear about CS. You went the extra mile and beyond for him and he was clearly a very special horse to you.

Gorgeous Goofy though! I hope he grows into the big shoes he has to fill. Wishing you all the luck in the world with him.

kit279

Visit site
Sorry to hear your sad news but you were the best thing that could have happened to that horse - noone else would have achieved as much and been so thorough and patient with him. Best of luck with the new one :)