Update!!! Eeeeekkk!!!

Shavings

Visit site
WE DID IT!!!

Today was mine and Levi's first ever show!
we did 3 in hand classes (not ready for ridden as he is only 4 and currently bum high!)

i was at the yard til 10 pm last night trying to plait and are hood on,also had to tape are fleece bandages on! Levi though it was great fun to undo the Velcro and wave it round in his mouth wile i had done to do a hay net, so we put duct tape over the Velcro (i know i know!! mean mother!!!)

any how arrived at yard at 6.40 feeling sick! ran round like a man lady for 30 mins before finally removing hood to find 3 plait had seem undone (cheers Levi i am sure you did this just to panic me!!)
so on went more plaiting, tail washing , more mother panicking and finally dressing self to look acceptable.. then a nightmare happened!
i split hoof oil all down my cream jods!
On went more mother panicking, tie tieing! Levi rolling eyes, asking very nicely if the judge would accept me in my jeans and saying sorry about 15 times!!

Luckily the judge understood and allowed us in with jeans!

and here is the photo http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=6829&attachmentid=25676

And after what started as a mess of a morning! by 12 noon we had 2 thirds and 1 second!!
I cried when i was pulled forward for are second in hansom gelding!

so as promised here is my follow up on how are first show went, are next show will be in April on my birthday, this show is in an open field so little more worried about this as Levi proved today he is only a 4 year old TB and when a cob in a class with us choose to dart of and course chaos he did attempt to join on, sooner followed by a dig in the chest and a shift sharp "BEHAVE LEVI!" wile he he danced about!! Before he returned to his normal dope on a rope self!

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Well done you!!!! I usually do dressage but I am in the same boat as you, my five year old is growing for England, so I have done some in hand showing. I have to say it is MUCH harder work then dressage. For that I only have to bath my little gypsy cob once! For showing it took three baths to get him really white, he was so fed up I think he was thinking about biting me!!!!!

Shavings

Visit site
I have to admit right now, on looking at the photo again i dont look very happy but i promise thats a smile.. when its 2c outside and your in a line white shirt a smile can often me a little gritted !!

after finishing are faced i was informed that because i had come second i would be in the in hand championship, we didn't get placed in this but it was a good exspirence for Levi to stand in a ring with 15 other horses and ponies (mares geldings and one stallion) watch them all trot away before doing it him self, i have to say all the practice trotting up paid of, when it came to use to trot i just gave him the sign (a little noise i make with my mouth but a "thuuuuppp" sound) and he happily stridded out, i gave him his head as i had seen 2 before me trot up with there handlers holding tight to the head and it seemed to ruin the horses way of going, luckily Levi did not take any advantage and strutted right to the back!

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Well done sounds like a fab day out despite the cold :)

I've been there with the cream jods so now I wear jogging bottoms over the top till just before I go into the ring. (although sometimes I still manage to get them dirty, don't ask me how ;) )