Update from the girl who is 'ruining her horse' part 2

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Absolutely inspirational, a really lovely round and a credit to your determination. She really looks like she is enjoying her job now and it is clear from the improvement in her paces that the flatwork is paying off massively. Stick with the flatwork as I think she would be good, and it will only help your jumping.

And a massive CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
YOu know my favourite part of that video? When you flung your arms round the mare's neck at the end:D The pair of you looked so happy!!

I had lots of problems with my pony, and almost gave up and sold him, but, after lots of nagging from my daughter, and tons of advice from friends, I carried on with him, and a year down the line I can't imagine ever being without him.

So good on you:)

angrovestud

Visit site
That was pure pleasure to watch such hard work well done you must be so proud their will be no stopping you both now sucha nice mare.

kizzywiz

Visit site
Well done! What a super job you have done, I found that really inspirational as I have had a real blip with my mare & she has been schooled by a pro for the last month, I too had loads of negative comments & very little support except from my coach & closest friends, it was hard enough for me to put her in someone elses hands & accept that I lacked the experience to resolve the problem without having unwanted criticism. So well done for sticking with it, you've done a great job, onwards & upwards!

emmanash

Visit site
Well done! You looked so happy to have made it around. You must be very determined to have gone out most weekends and to keep on going with her. I'm sure many people would have given up way before now. Looks like your hard work is starting to pay off. Fab! x

Once was lost

Visit site
Well done!
I have been there with the pony I had through my late teens (my pony of a lifetime, I can't imagine having the relationship I had with her with another horse or pony ever again), she would jump anything at home, never touched a pole, loved jumping but put her in the ring at a show, eliminated at the first fence every time (even when the show was at the livery yard I kept her at in the jumping paddock we used every week!), it didn't matter who was riding her (my very experienced instructor had the same thing happen when he tried) it was always the same, something about a show just made her stop or run out.
Everything was checked on her but she was fine and she jumped at home without issue so I started the long process of trying to get her jumping in the ring. It was a long, very embarrassing process, I got talked about and laughed at both to my face and behind my back, I took her to every show I could walking until a few strides before a jump and then trotting over it, once we started getting somewhere with that we started trotting the course and finally we got to the point of being able to canter round and getting clear rounds. She never jumped quite as well in the ring as at home and did on occasion still stop (although it tended to be rider error on my part rather then her) but she did do very well both in working hunter classes and show jumping, she never hit a pole in her career, she was supper pony. I will never know why she wouldn't jump in the ring but but I do know it took allot of time, effort and being talked about to get her there in the end!
So well done again, I hope you continue to improve together and also well done for admitting your faults, opening yourself up to criticism and then when constructive taking in all on board and working hard to put things right and do the right thing by your horse, keep it up and I wish you all the best!

teresagarsden

Visit site
Well done to you both, I bet you were over the moon.
The commentator made me laugh.

You are so brave to carry on with the jumping after so many let downs and no co-operation from your horse ( who is stunning by the way)

Your horse is clearly much happier jumping and you rode the course very well.

Again well done and keep up the good work, hope to see lots more jumping vids :O)

SophieLouBee

Visit site
Yayyy well done! marked improvement and horse looks happy & focused! I think, a lot of your riding 'flaws' come from predicting your mare, you know what she can do, so you ride defensively just in case. Once you have got a bit more of a connection and trust in the relationship, I'm sure your position and hands will improve no end! I know for a fact I set my elbows with my big lad, because he leans/tanks, I don't do it with any other horse I ride!

Really though, keep at it! You have done a tremendous job with her!

leflynn

Visit site
What a turn around :D I just wanted to give you both a masssive hug at the end (and yes I would sniffle :eek: )

Good on you for sticking with her (she is lovely) and getting this far, I wonder whats next :D More adventures and updates please as you're a credit to working through a problem and an inspiration to us all!!! :D