Update on 3yr old daughter showing an interest.

MrsS1987

Visit site
Thanks to all those who replied to my original thread. I got a response to my advert for a Sec A/Shetland looking for a bit of extra fuss for my daughter!

A lovely young girl responded with a little Sec A that belongs to her daughter and invited us up. So up we went this afternoon, me, Freya and my 8 month old double buggy halfway up the mountain. I am SO unfit!!

Freya had a little groom and chat to the pony and then completely surprised me by asking for a ride. She has flatly refused to sit on a pony before today, she just likes stroking and talking to them. So the lady kindly tacked him up and bold as brass she got on for a little walk around the yard. I was beaming!!

So hear she is, my little girl first time bum in saddle.

image.jpg1.jpg

MrsS1987

Visit site
Aw brilliant. :) Glad she had fun.

Is it you ducking away from the camera in the pink wellies?;)

Not me that's the owner! I was completely unhorsey in jeans and trainers.

I've not ridden in 5 years since a riding accident where I fractured my spine. Lost all confidence until today the lady offered me to ride out on her other horse with her. Now I've sat here all night googling body protectors. I may have the itch again! Lol x

WelshD

Visit site
oh well done, your daughter looks very relaxed and happy in the saddle. Wish I could find someone to ride my section A!

...now if you could just move 160 miles North East that would be great...

flirtygerty

Visit site
lovely, my grandsons first sit on a horse was on my 16 2hh WB mare at 18 months old, since then he has sat on all of mine, ranging from 17 2hh to 14hh, now 4yrs old grandson still loves helping with the horses but shows no interest in learning to ride, hopefully that will come

debsflo

Visit site
How cute,nice straight back she has,this could be the start... My daughter started at 3 and is now a horse mad girl ,looking for horse number 4.

rowan666

Visit site
brilliant news and fab photo, your daughter looks like she was born to be in the saddle!

...and welcome back to the horsey world :)

minkymoo

Visit site
It was borrowed. Don't shoot me down but I hadn't expected her to want to ride. I did see it was Harry Hall though

Gosh no! No shooting down from me! She's in a hat and that's all that matters isn't it! Very sweet little girl and very sweet little pony! My daughter keeps asking for a white one! Probably to contrast mine! :D