****UPDATE**** on AARRGGHHHH**RANT**What would you do?

_Jazz_

Visit site
Hi All , I posted this little problem earlier:

I posted a couple of months ago as the YM was on her 3 w holiday and the other owners husband was very poorly so despite being a yard newbie I pitched in and did 95+% of the field poo picking for all 4 horses and lots of the extras that just need doing. The YM thanked me on her return the other owner didn't , they were other little niggles too. For instance I sked the other Owner for help twice during 4 months and both times was a no. So basically I said I wasn't prepared to continue being so helpful (?dogsbody) and it was agreed I'd do 2 days poo picking as would the other YM(1 horse owner) and the 'unhelpful' owner would do 3 days a week(she has 2 horses). Anyway to get back to my point I really have done more than my fair share(doormat) and am doing an extra day poo picking every week to cover half the YM 'duties' as she is again away for 3 weeks next week. The horses are in at night at the mo. and outside help is brought in to muck her horse out and prepare feeds. I mentioned that I'm looking to take my holiday in the summer when the horses are living out and asked what the procedures are.Here we go... I will have to get outside help in to do my share of the field poo picking as it's different in Summer WTF!!! I said 'What about all the help I've done and am about to do' and was told that it will not count as Summer is different and they are not prepared to pick up my horses poo's. OK at least I know wear I stand but should I say I'm not doing that extra day a week for 3 w when she's away and in fact never again full stop?
Honestly I just don't see the logic and should find the situation hilarious but I'm sooo fuming The YM takes 6weeks or more holiday a year , the other owner took a couple of months last year, no idea what she is doing this year-terrible communication and vagueness, and I'm looking a 2 holidays of 7-10 days each.
Please offer advice ....

and had some really good replies
I acted on Tia's post , backed up by others--THANKS
grin.gif
- and this is what happened!!!!!!
*******************************************************UPDATE******************
OK All, I had a polite word with YM this evening. I basically said I had found someone(I have !!) with good references to come in daily to check Jazz, feet etc and do my share of the poo picking . This will cost me £10 an hour which I'm happy to pay. My horse, my responsibility etc. I thought yes I am sorted. WRONG!!!!! The YM still wants me to do an extra day each week for the next 3 weeks as she doesn't want the other owner having to do 5 days a week! I've got a bit firmer by now, but still pleasant , and insisted that I be allowed to do my 2 days poo picking this week and that I think the issuie is with YM and other owner now. OMG this is so frustrating. Sorry for letting off steam again...........I'm tired now

Now what !!!????
confused.gif

I'm all for sticking to my guns on this one, support appreciated
grin.gif

Thanks again
x

tizer

Visit site
Have you thought about moving yards? where are you based perhaps someone on here can help you out with some reccomendations, and I'd do the same as the others tell them to stick the extra day or pay for someone to do it as you have to.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Flipping cheek - Could tell her you can recommend someone (provided they are happy to do so) who will poo pick one day a week for £10 per hour!!!
grin.gif

crackerjack

Visit site
If she is not willing to 'pay you back' for any extra work you have done/will do for her, don't do it. Tell her exactly that and i really don't think she can argue. If she doesn't want to return favours to what you have to do and nothing else!
laugh.gif

SusieJane

Visit site
I'd charge her £10 an hour for every extra hour of poo picking you do, and knock it off her bill !

Seriously, I'd either put it all in a letter, stating exactly what you will and won't do, and don't let them take advantage of you.

I'm a great believer in life's too short to be stressed and unhappy, so move.

Find a place that's right for you. Good luck

Agent XXX999

Visit site
I would tell her to get stuffed...move yards and try not to be so helpful on the next. Scuse the pun but you always ge shat on in the end (is that actually a pun?)

Why the ek is the YM taking a 3 week hol and not finding a replacement?

Also....I would do half a wheel barrow of poo a day in the winter, and a whole one in summer. That way you do your bit, its quick, and the when the other Doris's on the yard moan you can say you have done your bit and the rest of the poo belongs to the other horses.

WeeBrown

Visit site
Totally agree with Piebaldsparkle. Why should you do any extra when they're not willing to cover for you when you need it? I can't see how the YM cannot understand how unfair she is sounding. Probably hoping you wouldn't go away at all because who would she get to do all the jobs you do for that period! Stick with your two days and point her in the direction of the £10 an hour person to pick up her slack!

Tia

Visit site
God.....sorry but they are so selfish.

I know this is difficult, but I have to say I would stick to my guns and say that she will have to pay someone to come in and do her chores.....just like you are having to do later in the year. Could you suggest doing it for £10 per hour? Or would that make it look like you are being a sod?

_Jazz_

Visit site
grin.gif
Thank You, I love all your replies
grin.gif

Sorry I didn't post last night, I went to bed early, had an awful night, drempt I was pregnant , 'baby' was horse poo
shocked.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

I'll see what happens this morning..........
x

JM07

Visit site
i take it all the horses are in together?

because if not, just poo-pick your paddock and be done with it!!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Just do your own horse, when you can't, pay for someone to do it for you - that is what I do - I don't have time to do other horses - unless it is a quick bring in or feed occasionally and don't expect others to do mine without payment or a returned favor - I often do show preparation for the kids and they help me with jobs in return.

Tell her to look after her own or pay someone and you do the same - fair on everyone.

ginniebee

Visit site
I know that poo picking is an important part of ownership, worm contol ect but ffs theres much more important things to be getting on with than worrying about crap in the field, if i were you id find myself a yard with 'normal' people on it who have their priorities right!!!!!!!