update on abandoned ponies

zip

Visit site
Hi, a week ago i rang the RSPCA to tell them about two ponies that im sure have been abandoned near to my home. Field full of ragwort so tall you cannot see the ponies and droppings everywhere im surprised they can find anything to graze on, plus hooves so cracked, split and overgrown. I have been keeping an eye on them as i drive past the paddock everyday.There is no sign of a note on the gate or any water for the ponies.

I rang to ask if anyone has been out to check on them but they wouldnt tell me anything. I said that im gng to bring water up to them but i was advised not to. I warned them that the poor things have been without water for weeks but they were so unhelpful. So i rang and left a message with a local horse rescue place in leicester and also WHW.

What would you do ? Take some water up and take the bucket away ?

Thanks
Nina

be positive

Visit site
Take water.
I saw the local RSPCA giving hay to horses I had reported.She said the owner hadnt been for 3 days, and that she was waiting for him to contact her :confused: She said he was trying his best? They had no food with them or water unless it had rained.
If they are going to do anything it shouldnt make any difference if you have given them water.
You could try phoning and saying you think 1 has died that may get them there!

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Are you sure they are abbandoned, as I got reported once for my cows. My OH went up to take their water hay and short feed(9 acre field) to find RSPCA man climbing back over the gate, he didn't apologise, just said they had been reported and he could see a) they had plenty of grass.b) plenty of water and hay and from feedbuckets that they were also given short feed. Just that we fed them when most people either at work/evening meal. And I've found a couple the other weekend trying to feed my 2 mares mare tail,which they thought was some sort of grass, I was polite in a slightly heated way, as they said they stand at the gate, yes of course they do, they know what time I take their short feed up.

zip

Visit site
They are def abandoned. Before xmas there was someone there at least once a week. Then there was a sign on the gate saying "ponies for sale" then at least 4 of them went leaving the two that im worried about, i would say noone has been out to them since xmas.

Im gng to go up with some water in the mng,

Hairy Old Cob

Visit site
rspca aernt intrested in animal cruelty cases unless their is something in it for themselves they are just a pseudo political organisation:mad:

dumpling

Visit site
I'd take up hay and water then take it away again as they won't do anything if they have it. WHW is your best bet!

Kadastorm

Visit site
take water with you, give them some water and then take it away again. if anyone goes there and spots a water bucket, then they will say that someone is looking after them.

indie999

Visit site
Take some water I am sure someone has a duty to care??Obviously not the RSPCA in this case?We have all these laws passport systems ie microchipping and they are worthless/useless as there is no one to follow up on ie potentially abandoned animals. ie tracing an owner etc etc

Do equine vets give advice in this kind of case?? Perhaps they should be given power to request ie charity organisations to get involved along with the police etc

navaho

Visit site
If they havnt been seen to since Xmas they would be dead if they didnt have some sort of water supply. Though it does sound like they probably have been abandoned, hope you get it sorted.

Dancing Queen

Visit site
I would take water up. i personally couldnt leave animals without the basic needs. I hope that the owners are contacted and the situation becomes resolved.