Visit site
How do you think he is doing?

picture.php

Leg when I got him in May

picture.php

Same leg yesterday

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
That is mud fever. The skin has reacted like this as the mud fever was not treated. I think the lumps have shrunk. He is definately not in discomfort now, and hasn't been scratching it recently.

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
I know horrendous isn't it. The vet thought I was possibly cancer but had it investigated and is definately mud fever. It is thought he has had it about 10 years with no treatment. After lots of trial and error it seems tea tree shampoo and Mud X cream and supplement are doing the trick. Naf mud supplement thing works too. In the summer I'm going to try pig oil and sulphur again if this heals up completely. He has it on all his legs but this is the worst one.

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
Wow, you need to put a warning on your post! That's quite a sight to behold. Poor boy getting into that state. Credit to you for taking him on like that. Have you bought him? How did he get into such a mess? Previous owners should be ashamed. Hard to tell if he's making good progress or not. Still looks really bad. What have vets said? How long do they think before you start to see a real difference?

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
Basically the skin will always look like that but as long as I can get the mud fever under control he will be fine. Believe it or not that is a huge improvement, it used to bleed everyday because he was scratching at it constantly bless him. He is such a lovely chap how could I not take him on? My friend Becca has fallen in love with him too so he is now being spoiled rotten :D

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
I cant believe anyone could leave him for so long without treatment, to get in such an awful state, poor boy! :mad:

All credit to you for persevering to find the right solution, it certainly looks better.

How is Pete doing? x