Update on check ligament injury

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Well i had my vet today for my horses second scan on her check ligament. Here's her scan from 30th December showing her injured ligament and the scan from today showing amazing improvement. I think even the vet was shocked! Its been 3 months and two days since she hurt herself, she got dramatically lame half way through what had been up to then a very uneventful hack going a route and pace she'd gone hundreds of times before.

So after initial immediate ice cupping of the injury, ice vibe boots twice daily, one bute, overnight bandaging and LW ultrasound ten mins once a day for two weeks on, one week off, and two weeks on I have a sound horse who can start to be hacked every other day for 30 mins as well as continue 30 mins horse walker per day and who theoretically can be turned out.

I am going to wait until the weather improves first and it's drier and flatter and paddock made into a postage stamp before she goes out!!

Got the farrier Thursday (thanks C!) for the wonderful heart bar shoes which she's to have on for a while yet.

So thank you to J my vet and to my amazing vet physio mate who lent me her ultrasound. And of course the staff who deal with my horse everyday until I can get there after work!

Really chuffed.

Attachments

• 20200316_210958.jpg
    20200316_210958.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200316_211022.jpg
    20200316_211022.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
That's impressive healing HB. Pleased for you and her.,

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Yeah first ride after three months and 3 days! I was that desperate to sit on her that I decided to take her up the lane.

She was as good as gold even though it was practically a force 9 gale, but I knew she would be.

Except I'd forgotten and turn around hack always results in jog home so next time it's going to have to be the 25 minute block for a round trip as she's not meant to go faster than a walk!

Attachments

• up the lane.jpg
    up the lane.jpg
    906.8 KB · Views: 2

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Glad to see she is a lot better!

What was your rehab plan? Scanning my gelding Wednesday, he isn't lame but just has some swelling and heat behind his knee.