Update on "Filthy"

lelly

Visit site
I posted a couple of months ago about a horse I bought in a bad state. Ruby I called her. I bought her as a four year old but it turns out she is two today. She had the wrong passport. Anyway I managed to find the right passport through her microchip number. I was told she was a welsh cross friesien but I have spoken to her breeder and she is actually a welsh d cross Irish draught. She was an absolute mess when I got her but she is coming on lovely. So here she is before and after.
[/IMG]She has changed completely in the three and a half months I have had her. She has trust issues from ill treatment in the past but is coming round nicely. She has a beautiful nature and I am so pleased with her.

Moomin1

Visit site
She looks very hairy in the first pic, but not in a terrible condition to be honest.

Glad she has found a nice home anyway.

lelly

Visit site
Thanks everyone, she is lovely. I know the first picture doesn't show how bad she actually was. She was riddled with worms, covered in lice and feather mites. She had a big bottom but she was very ribby. She was covered with what I can only describe as concrete. It was that hard that I have had to wait for it to moult off. Washing didn't touch it not even pliers could break it up and it was too close to the skin to clip off. I'm pleased she's with me now because she will never be in such a sorry state again.

kerrieberry2

Visit site
wow wow wow, what a change! she is soooooooo lucky she has found you! and at least now you have 2 yrs to build trust with her before you back her! luckily baby horse

lelly

Visit site
Thank you everyone. We still have a lot of work to do but she is getting the right care and nutrition now so onwards and upwards!

lelly

Visit site
Yes goldenstar I agree a better cross, I was very happy when the breeder told me. Moleskinsmum she is about 14.2/3, very bum high. The second picture is a close up as she always walks towards the camera to see what it is. She should hopefully make the 15.2 I was hoping for now.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Yes goldenstar I agree a better cross, I was very happy when the breeder told me. Moleskinsmum she is about 14.2/3, very bum high. The second picture is a close up as she always walks towards the camera to see what it is. She should hopefully make the 15.2 I was hoping for now.

Great for riding and driving .

lelly

Visit site
Yes I agree but the roads around here are very busy. I'm not sure it would be safe driving. I know I will still have to ride on them but at least you can get out of the way.

lelly

Visit site
Hi Elsiecat, I was hoping you would see this. Hasn't she changed? I am so proud of her. You must have had the same feeling with Bailey. I hope he's ok.