Update on Honey

debradley

Visit site
Hi folks - just thought I'd let you all know that Honey is now doing incredibly well. Infact she's amazed me. Her injuries still look horrendous but I'm getting used to it now. The rate her skin and hair is falling off at the moment I'm going to have to knit her two pairs of leg warmers for winter (suggestions on colour please, don't forget she's ginger). She's very good about me handling them and pulling away things that really shouldn't be pulled away as far as I'm concerned. Vets are still topping her up every few days with extra pain killer, but at the last visit Jim (vet) wanted her turned out into nice big field to try to keep the cellulitis at bay, which has improved her mental state no end. She's even decided that she can be bossy with my other pony, which to me means she's getting back to her old self!! I just wish I could wrap her up in cotton wool and bubble wrap because I sooo dread that walk back to the field on an evening - just incase. I've spoken to my physio who is absolutely fantastic; but he can't start the laser therapy at the moment as things are still naturally rotting and laser can encourage the growth of infection if there is any there; and we've been through that before on her back, but it does have marvellous results so will use it when we're ready.

Can I just thank you all for your support = it's really helping me through this.

Tia

Visit site
I'm so happy to read this Deb. I'll bet you are positively beaming right now. Keep the updates coming and as always, best of luck.
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
Oh gosh that is such a positive post!! I'm over the moon that she is improving. Poor girlie. So, so glad she is feeling well enough to be bossy
laugh.gif

BethH

Visit site
Am so pleased for you both - think that fighting spirit is still working for you both! Hope she keeps improving at such a fast rate. Am delighted.

Imonone

Visit site
Gosh she is amazing isnt she. Im so pleased to hear that she is improving all the time.
All the best to both of you

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Had computer problems so this is the first I knew of Honeys accident. Have looked back at other posts and can only say wow, she must be the luckiest horse alive. I hope she keeps improving. I echo what everyone else says about the idiots who let her out.