Update on Honey's progress with footage - hopefully!!!

debradley

Visit site
Hope this works.

Anyway I thought some of you might like to have a look at Honey moving.

Farrier came Thursday and we finally managed to get shoes back on; so there's no holding us back now. We've walked past the offending cattle grid for the first time this week, in hand (twice) with no reaction what so ever, which is great and with it being such a lovely day today decided to do a bit of work in the field.

I know she only has three exercise boots on, but I can't get one on the right fore yet as it's still a bit open. I will say that Honey has never been a horse to have the most expressive of gaits and after all that has happened to her this year probably never will be; but I am so pleased to see her moving, I think shes doing really well. Would love to hear what you all have to say.

Hope these work. I'm afraid they're a bit unsteady as my young daughter was taking them for me and she was mounted at the time. For those that are interest in seeing how tight a pessoa should be after a KS op, Svend Kold set this one for me.

Nari

Visit site
That's really good to see. I don't know you or Honey but I still get a real buzz from seeing those, they're amazing considering what you've both been through!

seabiscuit

Visit site
What a pleasure it is to see these videos at long last!
grin.gif

She is looking absolutely fantastic. I think she moves really well! She looks so soft and supple. Far more supple than Owen ever was! Her trot-canter-trot transitions are superb
grin.gif

When are you back on board?

debradley

Visit site
Hee Hee yep it's really great to see and thank you all so much for your good vibes they really have helped me n Hun's through all this.

She has about a 4 x 1" slash on the upper back leg leg and about a 50p piece left on right fore. I'm hoping that these will be closed by March and I'm listening to my instincts, which are telling me that I need to wait until they are closed. So hopefully sometime in March is my aim to be back onboard and I can't wait.

Tia

Visit site
Very happy to see that Honey is recovering very well. As we've said many times during our respective journeys; skin is amazing!
smile.gif

Dolphin

Visit site
Hi Debradley - how are you doing?

What a fantastic idea to post a video, and how wonderful to finally see Honey "in the flesh" so to speak!

You must be over the moon - she looks amazing and as for her movement - well if my mare looked half as elastic and supple as that when I lunged her I would be a happy bunny!

I'm so glad that all your hard work and dedication is finally starting to pay off for you. Funnily enough I am also hoping to be back on board towards the end of March, so we'll have to keep each other posted...