Update on Lucy and breathing problems re no Endoscope at the vets

flowerlady

Visit site
Yesterday and today despite having her nasal passages flushed out when walking she has had a couple of the not being able to breath attacks again.
frown.gif

Rang the vets and spoke to him he thinks it's probably the larynx as they are so complex and that one side may be still sore and maybe there had been a foreign object
  • that has caused her throat to contract and slightly block for a while
    frown.gif
    But said it's not as serious as it sounds
    frown.gif
    It's horrible when she has one she freezes on the spot looks like she's going to be sick then timidly and slowly walks to me as if to say help
    frown.gif
    The vet has now prescribed Prednisolone he said if she had been human she would have had an inhaler
    frown.gif

I hope this is not the end of her shooting days out.
    frown.gif

KarynK

Visit site
Snap, my old girl had the most horrific seed up her nose years ago, still have it somewhere, it was about an inch long with a big hook on the end it looked like something you would use for fishing!!! She was just constantly sneezing, Vets found it an removed it under sedation.

flowerlady

Visit site
This is what I thought that she may have a seed or small feather up her nose. But since they flushed her nasal passagers she has stopped the sneezing but isn't it horrible when they can't breathe? The sedated her and she was fine for 24 hours but the breathing thing has returned. They think it will pass lets hope so.

zippo

Visit site
Of course she can have an inhaler,Vixen uses one frequently.Buy a child's spacer if she's a small dog,otherwise adult size.Vixen has one puff of Ventolin,then waits a few minutes and follows with one puff Flixitide,twice daily.Don't jam the nose piece over her mouth and nose ,just hold almost on her nose,she'll soon get used to it and it makes all the difference.Another thing to check out is the possibility she may have nasal mites,one of our dogs did and once we treated her[last ditch stand as nothing else worked and she was steadily getting worse],she was fine .As our vet said that way we are getting the drugs to where they are needed.