Update on lumps - allergic reaction

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Vet came out today and said the lumps on his legs and all over his body (have spread all over him) are most certinaly an allergic reaction to something rock has eaten and they are made worse by heat which is why they come up worse after exercise and is why they hold heat. I started him 4weeks ago on chinese respiratory biscuits for horses and i think he may have had a reaction to these, so first step is i've taken these out of his feed. If the lumps go down its the biscuits, if not its probably something in his field so yeh wish us luck!! Good thing is they dont seem to be causing him any bother.

mostfunintown

Visit site
one of my mares came up with allergy lumps in the end it was hops she was eating. never the less a daily dose of piriton solved the problem. Also so you know she only got this Late september-early october each year.probibly not much help but its the only similar problem I have had.

Flighty

New User
Visit site
My anglo arab mare is allergic to deer ticks. We live in the New Forest and regularly have a small herd of deer grazing my fields. She looks as if she has been bubble wrapped and the only treatment we have found that works so far is to shampoo her fortnightly with hibiscrub, spray 500mls of deosan (expensive fly repellant) all over and use frontline on her face and legs.