Update on moldy Ifor 511 trailer refund

Cherisheddust

Visit site
Opps, this may end up a duplicate post. Apologies. Tried to update the last thread but seem to have lost it. Guess I need practice. Anyway, I know some of you are keen to have an update on our moldy Ifor 511 trailer.

Thanks to the support and suggestions on this thread, I contacted Consumer Direct/Trading Standards. They are very supportive and left me in no doubt as to where I stood, being the proud owner of faulty goods. Template letters were emailed to me with 20 minutes and they wanted to be kept informed. I had already sent a letter to the dealer and Ifor, so backed that up with a template one from CD/TS. Mine was a bit meatier! That's by the by.

I have today received a refund for our 11 month old, moldy 511 trailer. I should be overjoyed, but if I'm honest, it's been a horrible week
confused.gif
. I can't put into words how I feel about Ifor Williams behaviour over this matter. They know they have a problem, clearly acknowledged by their recall letters, yet they treat customers as though we are being unreasonable for wanting a useable, factory finished trailer. Lets face it, we aren't talking cheap, cheap trailers here!

Our dealer, in fairness to him, has acted with total integrity over this issue. Any delay in issuing our refund, I believe, was caused by some vain hope that he would receive a tickle of support from his supplier. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again in the future, just not for a new trailer.

If you have a moldy trailer, please don't accept it. Ifor treated ours once and the mold returned, far worse than before. It will come back. Painting over the problem was not an acceptable resolution for us. If I'd wanted a painted trailer I would have paid far less than £4k! Ask yourself, who will buy a two year old painted trailer? Paint over plastic? The guys in the workshop are mechanics, not painters, they must be dreading this next request.

Our problems actually started with a sticking jockey door...nothing major, easily resolved. I just happened to be shut in the box for a while. It also opened in transit, the jockey door that is. I initially thought I'd caused this by not closing the door correctly, instead it was a faulty catch. Now the mold came later, months after purchase.

Again, please, if you are having problems, contact Consumer Direct. Don't be fobbed off with the 12 month warranty either, you do have longer to claim. Consumer Direct/Trading Standards will give you all the info you need. Bare in mind, the longer you keep it may have an impact on how much refund you receive.

Good luck x

Angelbones

Visit site
Thanks for letting us know - and well done on the result, worth persisting I think. I've got a dodgy door catch as I just can't believe it is satisfactory for it to be so hard to open from inside, and so hard to shut properly from outside. I think I'll call my dealer in the morning. Shame you had to to such lengths to get it sorted, but a victory for the small guy I think! x