Update on my broken loan horse

Cobsndogs

Visit site
Following on from yesterdays thread. I got up to yard last night and found all his kit dumped on floor outside tack room, and horse in stable where he had been all day with no hay/feed. Suppose it saved me the job of asking ending the loan.

galaxy

Visit site
What on earth did you or your horse do to deserve that? The horse becoming possibly slightly lame?

I don't think I could keep quiet (and I don't DO confrontation) and would demand to know what on earth she thinks she's playing at!!!

Piccy

Visit site
And she provides services to others on the yard, shocking behaviour who on earth does she think she is no horse no matter what deserves to be treated in such a way and for that matter nor should you. I know not everyone who loans is like this so won't tar all with same brush but what a horrible experience for you and your horse.

Trinity Fox

Visit site
I was shocked by how vile she sounded in your earlier post, she has well and truly shown her true colours your better shot of her keep a dignified silience i wouldnt bother wasting my breath.

Anyone with any sense will be able to see what has gone on and i wouldnt move either you are not the one in the wrong.

Ella19

Visit site
Do not pay her vet bill but do explain to the vets, despite what your contract says she didn't inform you so it is invalid. From the vets point of view whoever called them out has to pay the bill, you are not responsible.

Tinypony

Visit site
Even if she did read the thread, no excuse for taking it out on the horse. Nasty piece of work. (Maybe she'll read that as well).

Amaranta

Visit site
What a bitch! Regardless of your original thread, she took it out on the horse and THAT is unforgiveable, horse lover? NOT!

PS - I too hope she reads this!

muddygreymare

Visit site
What a horrible person! I hope your horse gets sorted - it's not fair at all to take it out on the horse :( I bet you are glad you are rid of her now - at least you know he will get the right care for his injuries now. What a vile woman :mad: :(

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Not saying she's right but....
Perhaps she's offended to have read about her bad behaviour on a public forum rather than having a discussion at the stables?!

I'd go with this.

What if the loaner was terribly worried about the horse, so in a panic took him to the vets...in case she thought she had done something awful?

We don't know how peoples minds work...but maybe she wanted to sound it all out before she worried you?

.....then to read it on a public forum and have everyone judge her before she got her side out.....I'd be pretty annoyed too...not saying the horse should suffer, but angry....probably.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I'd go with this.

What if the loaner was terribly worried about the horse, so in a panic took him to the vets...in case she thought she had done something awful?

We don't know how peoples minds work...but maybe she wanted to sound it all out before she worried you?

.....then to read it on a public forum and have everyone judge her before she got her side out.....I'd be pretty annoyed too...not saying the horse should suffer, but angry....probably.

Hmmm, I'm not sure to be honest. I can see where your coming from but it also depends on if she was aiming to pay the vets fees. If she wasn't then the owner should have been allowed to make the call for the horse due to it not being an emergency. Especially as she had already stated that she would not be responsible for vets fees.

jeeve

Visit site
I loaned a 23 year old horse and the agreement was that i would be responsible for vet fees. i was always watching him to see if he looked okay, he could be a little stiff sometimes, in the end i got sick of worrying about looking after some one else's horse and offered to buy him, which they agreed to.

It can be stress full as a loaner for sure. but this person had already negotiated an arrangement with no vet fees, made no discussion with the owner before or after the incident and cut and ran as soon as things looked a bit iffy. there can be no excuses made for her.