Update on my new wild 2yo shire/TB X

tangoharvey

Visit site
It's been a fun filled three weeks with heaps of progress. I've come to the conclusion that Olwen (her name) is in fact a pig in disguise. She has gone from not know what feed was, or apples and carrots, to devouring everything in site! She hoovers up as much hay as I can possibly give her, and then spends the night arranging poos all over the stable. I think, judging by the amount of poo she invites a few others in for the night too! We have bonded really quick, she neighs every time she sees me and is beginning to lead better, but comes so close to me when scared it's as if she wants me to carry all 16hands of her!!
In the paddock, she shows no interest in other horses, there's just too much eating to be done!! She has the farrier on Friday, fronts will be a doddle but she's not sure she can stand on one back leg yet! All her sores have healed really well and she's proving to be the best 450quid I've ever spent.

teacups

Visit site
Wonderful update :)
Hope she behaves for the farrier on Friday - look forward to hearing the next update. I have just discovered a horse I know is a shire x TB - I would never have guessed.