Update on the difficult to mount young cob...

travellingpony

Visit site
Huge success thank you EVERYONE. Spent about half an hour tonight or so and she just eventually gave it and then just stood. Climbed the block lots of cuddles and fuss and she was solid got on and was perfect and even rode away minus the back up antics that we are used too..

She started grooming my boots after a while on the block silly pony she just loves cuddles so no food required thankfully. I have also changed from hay to haylage/hay mix to see if that helps the excitement factor and gave her a really good lunge before trying instead of a little one as I usually do.

Totally over the moon and hoping that the lesson will stick and tomorrow will take less time so grateful thank you all.

Bens_Mum

Visit site
That's why I've taken her off the haylage I'm hoping a mix of both will be a start she refuses to eat hay normally so I'm hoping to wean her off mixing it

Brummyrat

Visit site
Great to hear, well done! I know from experience what a pain it is if they're sticky to get on from a mounting block, its worth the tears to get them to accept it! x

LD&S

Visit site
Just realised its a typo I meant haylage to hay/ haylage lol!

I thought it was odd lol, glad things are going well for you, I recently bought a 7yr cob, was looking for something at least 12 Doh!
My friend is riding her and she hasn't put a foot wrong but yet to find my brave pants so hats off to you.