Update (pics) - Disaster turned Good

Gucc

Visit site
Wow. It just shows what you can achieve if we set our minds to it. Congratulations. Onward and upwards :)

Venevidivici

Visit site
Fantastically well done-you have real guts and determination. :) Slow and steady wins the race-totally the right thing to seek help and then go at your own pace & now you have the development & results to show for it.:).Lovely looking boy and lots of scope!

Daytona

Visit site
Thanks you guys yeah I think he handsome,

It's turned out not such a bad thing when I bought him the vet said I must allow time for him to mature and not to put stress on him or his joints , so the fact he never did that much last year is maybe for the best.

He turned 6 in Feb, and only really away to get going this year with his jumping.

He has grown up alot in the past year, nothing seems to bother him at all, he so easy to do everything with , never spooks, never stops, just a big chilled out babe.

He was worth the struggle and I knew he would be :D

1stclassalan

Visit site
That's the spirit! He's a lovely chap too. If I'd ever had a youngster, I wouldn't have even sat on him till he was four so your enforced time off will have done him good rather than harm.

I'm all for the maxim - when the going get's tough - the tough get going and at times when you think you can't take another step - it's all a question of mind over matter - I don't mind and you don't matter - MOVE! The latter being the maxim of all assault course NCO's - Horseystuff is mich the same!

If you do carry on and eventually succeed - you can look back on every failure being cancelled out as merely steps on the path.

foxy1

Visit site
I too remember your original thread, I used to read with my heart in my mouth!! You really are an inspiration, well done for not giving up when so many would have done so. I'm sure you will continue to have great success with him :)

slumdog

Visit site
Wow, good for you for not giving up on him! If anyone deserves success it's someone like you, he's stunning and a real credit to you. xx

Ilovefoals

Visit site
Well done Mrs! I know how hard you have worked, the stress and worry you've been through and the folk who doubted you'd succeed. But you did and you're a great team now!!! Onwards and upwards!!!

Daytona

Visit site
Thanks ILovefoals , for the words of support when the going got tough.

Cheers folks I'm sure I will update u again when we reach another mile stone :)

A disco class or maybe NC :D

Be a while yet though :D

CBAnglo

Visit site
Well done - from those photos I wouldnt have guessed that you had been through half of what you have, you both look super together and so confident!

Best of luck with him.

tiggybeans

Visit site
This is such an inspiring story and one that makes me realise lost confidence can be rebuilt with the right sort of help, guts and patience - thanks for updating.

You look like a great team now - and what a jump he's got. Good luck with him...:)

MochaDun

Visit site
He's lovely and well done you for holding your nerve after all that! - hope you have many more years of very happy times to come :)

Daytona

Visit site
It's not been all plain sailing he bucked me off quite a few more times after that, but touch wood this year has been brill so I'm praying long may it continue :D

He seems to be well past those naughty days,

I do though get my saddle checked every 3 month without fail, physo to him every 3 months, teeth done 6 months- I'm leaving nothing to chance, giving no reason for him to go backwards :D and buck again.

Hopefully it will be plain sailing from here forward

sophspot

Visit site
Massive well done !! My story is similar (injuries not as bad as yours though) I'm now jumping 65cms with confidence. You should be very proud.

Daytona

Visit site
Massive well done !! My story is similar (injuries not as bad as yours though) I'm now jumping 65cms with confidence. You should be very proud.

Feels good don't it :D. To look back and realise you where to scared to even get on let alone over a jump. And now your flying.

karen_c

Visit site
Well done and thank you for posting this - my injuries were nowhere near as bad as yours but last month had a nasty fall from my boy in a SJ lesson and it has been awful ever since - am thinking of selling him or sending him to a pro on schooling livery for a bit and your story has made me think again about giving up.

Brave lady and beautiful horse!

Tobiano

Visit site
You brave girl! Massive well done. I too liked the loose rein in picture 3 - not much wrong with that :) You are an inspiration.

Daytona

Visit site
Karen_c I hope it works out for you, it's amazing what the help of some knowledgable people can do for you :D

Good luck

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Well Done OP :D Great that you have stuck by him and the support you have had has been brilliant by the sounds of it :D

Hes a cracker great to see your both on the up and getting along. Cant wait to see where you end up :D