UPDATE stay or go

ace123

Visit site
Well i've done it.
Sign the contracts of Friday, then its mine.
I'm excited and worried
crazy.gif

Excited to get away from barbed wire, people that nick my stuff, horrible roads and being taking for granted.
Worried
frown.gif

I'll miss having stables ( have got lovely double shelter though ) All natives so not worried about them living out.
Don't know anyone in the area
And a few other niggles but its the right thing to do as you all agreed.
Thanks
Will let you know when we move and try to post pics
laugh.gif

abracadabra

Visit site
well good luck!

you'll not miss the stables so much when you get settled and start to enjoy thepeace
smile.gif

you'll soon bump into locals out hacking, just get nattering
smile.gif

Bugly

Visit site
I'm on my own and I love it! Sometimes it gets lonely but my answer for that is my radio and I even have a portable TV in the tack room!

A friend came down at the weekend who has her horses on a livery yard- she said I'm so lucky not to have people helping themselves to my stuff etc etc.

Good luck.

Berkeley

Visit site
Well done for making the decision.

I too signed up last night to a different yard.

The current one I am at has no grass which is a must with my youngster out 24/7. I also feel that my current yard is a bit more of retirement place. Nothing ever happens and I feel I am just bumbling along and not improving.

The new yard is better in terms of training facilities, it has lots of schools and on site instructors. Plus people stay later in the evening so I won't be on my own.

I will miss my current yard though, the YO is so lovely and cares so much for the horses.

It just comes a time, like you, that a decision has to be made. Please let me know how you get on.