Update

jackpalfreyman

Visit site
Firstly, hi guys, hope you are all well- have been reading all your show reports but havnt posted for a long while because i have been on holiday and various other things going on

...cant say i have been up to much myself in the eventing world, for those of you who have seen my record, its not been the most startling of seasons so decided that it wasnt really the thing for me so hunky has had all in all around a month of nothing-plebs riding him and just hacking around, have done a few dressage shows but nothing to write home about. Have got a osteopath/healer coming next week who is supposedly very good so fingers crossed he can pin point hunkys problems
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Tia on teh other hand, i just love that mare, took her to the u21's summer dressage champs and she won N24 with 71% and 4th in N32 with 66% all that on the day after i got back from holiday
grin.gif
grin.gif
Then from wednesday we have been down to pycombe, a 4 day BSJA show with classes from BN to grand prix on a surface or big grass arena, she jumped appauling on teh first day, 12 faults in the 1.05 and 8 faults in 1m, then teh second day it clicked and she was much better, just roled a pole in the 1m open and the 1.10 speed derby, then yesterday i jumped my first newcomers on her and she excelled herself just tapping the front rail off a massive 1.20 oxer running down hill in teh jump off. She jumped a dyke, table top bank thing, brick wall and water jump first time without even looking so i was well chuffed, and at the age of 6, she is sooooo sweet
grin.gif
grin.gif

Thanks all for reading, a tad self indulgent perhaps(but who isnt guilty of that on here honestly???) but i havnt posted for a while and i have missed it loads!! good luck with all your forthcoming events!

Jacko, hunky and tia xxx

seabiscuit

Visit site
Is that Gavin Schofield that is coming to see Hunky?Sounds like him!

I am sorry to hear that Hunky hasnt been on form, I hope the osteopath can shed some light on what his problem is. It is a nightmare when they suddenly loose form like this and if it is Gavin seeing Hunky then he should do the trick...I've had a horse that stopped jumping myself,and after about 6 months of treatment from G he was as good as new and he loved his jumping again.

Tia sounds abs- fab- what a little star!! You must be so chuffed when will you be doing your next event- still aiming for Highclere?

tigers_eye

Visit site
Lovely to hear from you again, wondered if you'd fallen off the planet! What happened to doing Young Riders and all that?! You've got the dressage sorted which is more than most can say. Seriously, don't jack in eventing just because Hunky reached his limit and/or isn't feeling himself. Well done with the dressage thing and recent bsja.

KarenX

Visit site
I thought I hadnt read anything from you for a while.. welcome back!
smile.gif

Well done on the dressage results, thats great news.
grin.gif

Hard luck with the BSJA show at Pyecombe. Tia sounds lovely. Good luck with Hunky. (love that name btw!)

Karen
smile.gif

teapot

Visit site
Great to see you online again

Sounds like it's going well bar hunky not being 100%, Hope it's sorted soon