Updates re Jim - sad news.....

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
.....well I had found Jim a lovely long term home, I was really happy, he was happy, it was all going well. So I rang his owners, who wanted me to find him a new home for them, don't want him to go to said home for unknown reasons. :mad: :(

I am just so gutted, I spent all my hard earned time and money on this horse all summer, getting him going really well, taught him to jump, school, hack, lunge, taught him to be a horse. I really wanted to give this little horse a second chance, he has had such a tough life and I just wanted to give him a chance to enjoy life. Now she is going to have him back, because she says she can get him a home, but this is after a few months ago telling me she didn't want him back and if I gave him back he would be pts.

So this is the end for Ginger Jim and I, he will be gone by next weekend, put in a field and left to rot, I kinda wish, some small part of me, that he was being pts, at least then he would be fat and happy and with me when he went, instead of lonely and forgotten. I cant keep him not any more, I have no income for the next few months (doing and internship) and I will be going to hertfordshire soon and I can't pay for him and myself off of my savings.

So, its been 4 fab months, of fun and trying and trust building. I made a video of the summer we had, not too much off me riding him as I am the only one with the Camera and its hard to film and ride at the same time, and also I preferred the stuff of him, well, just being him.

I hope, maybe that the owner will change her mind and send him to the home I found, for his sake, and for mine, its local to me and I could of gone to see him, but I guess you can't rescue every horse, and I tried, I really did, I gave it my all.

I hope you enjoy the video, its another Florence song, called blinding, I like the lyrics, they kind off, well, tell what I feel without really me saying it.

Well here it is, hope you enjoy ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH3OblWToc0

Ravenwood

Visit site
He's a lovely horse and seems to have a very kind nature - what a shame for you, you must be so upset.

I had a chestnut with just a whisp of a forelock once too!

Thats a fabulous place you have there by the way

xx

dozzie

Visit site
That is sad. He looks like a nice little chap. Give them the number of the people just in case they change their mind. It is giving them back control but also giving them an opening. :)

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Thanks all, he is 15 but in the past 4 months youthened and is now like a 10 yr old. Some shots his ears are white, I put sudocreme in them as he wont keep his fly mask on :) so I put that in to stop the flies getting in. I too really hope she changes her mind.... but I think its a pipe dream .....

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Can you not keep him? on loan maybe

He's on loan at the moment to me. I am just about to embark on an internship where I will not be earning any money, so will have to live of my savings, I cant afford to keep both of us on my savings, and I will be in hertfordshire, so I would have to pay for him to be looked after too, wish I could but I just can't finance it.

CalllyH

Visit site
oh hes come so far with you. Massive hugs. Woudl your mum not look after him whilst your away and he can just be a field ornament whilst you do your internship? Or you could get a sharer and charge them 80 quid a month to help you?

ps is that your house! If so I love it!

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
oh hes come so far with you. Massive hugs. Woudl your mum not look after him whilst your away and he can just be a field ornament whilst you do your internship? Or you could get a sharer and charge them 80 quid a month to help you?

ps is that your house! If so I love it!

Parents gave up looking after my horses when I was 14 and they wont start now, they are sad what is going to happen to him too, but they dont have the time to look after him and my mum is generally just scared of horses and my dad is too busy.

Thanks, I will tell my parents, its down to them (well mainly my mum) that it looks so good now. :)

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
better pts than passed around. bay beastie either front up or back up,.

Maybe OCYC has not read the OP properly.

B_B does not own this horse, she has had him on loan.

The owner said that if he went back to them (the owner) then he would be PTS as she had no use for him.

B_B has been trying all summer to find the right place for this ex-Polo pony (we hoped to be able to have him, but can't have a fourth at the moment).

B_B has worked with the pony to get him to a stage where he would be of more interest to others. She has found him a long-term home. However, the owner has changed her mind and wants him back.

B_B has no control over the matter, he is not her horse.

B_B suspects that he will go back to living in a field with no input from anyone.

B_B, so sorry hun, I know what he has come to mean to you, and apart from that, it's just so pants when there was a good home lined up for him. I take it you've tried speaking to the owner at great length?

Hugs hun.

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Thanks Mrs M, not really bothered if people think I have done something wrong as I don't think I have.

I will try again and give them the number of the home and just pray that they change their mind. Other than that, there is nothing else I can do, I have done all I can.

hmmmm......feel a bit low today.......

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Poor you and poor jim :(:(:(
(((((((((hugs))))))))) You have done your best by him and even found him a lovely new home. I realy realy hope the owners change there minds for both your sakes. If they don't atleast you gave him a chance of happyness and he will be forever thankful to you for that. You never know what the future holds maybe it'll all work out in the end. I realy hope it does for you both. The video is lovely and realy shows the bond you two have.

ladyt25

Visit site
Why would anyone rather leave a horse to 'rot' in a field or have it PTS instead of allowing it to go to a loan home that is there and waiting? That's madness. At 15 yo he's not exactly over the hill is he.

For the horse's sake i would really try persuade them to look into the loan home you have suggested. I gave a loan pony back to his owner many years ago. I have regretted it ever since, we should have bought him but she wanted too much for him at the time. He was 15 too and turned out to be a star jumping. His owner hardly had anything to do with him (previously kept him on a livery yard where she rarely visited and he was basically looked after but the kids on the yard) yet she took him back and dread to think what happened to him. It often preys on my mind.

I feel very sorry for you, it sounds like you've put a lot of time and effort in for nothing.

Lisamd

Visit site
You mention that your internship is for 4 months...why don't you put him out on grass livery for that time near where you'll be and then bring him back in to work when you have finished? Surely you could come to some sort of arrangement with the owners to split the minimal cost of grass livery if you have to - at least that way you have control over his feeding etc and he won't be alone in a field for the winter. Four months is only just after Christmas - so not that far away at all. Where there's a will, there's a way :)

Groom42

Visit site
Is there no one local to where you are now who could looke after him/keep him ticking over until you come back? Perhaps local PC? It seems such a shame, as he looks a lovely boy, and full of character. (I'm sure you have looked at all possibilities, but, just in case)

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Thank you all for such kind words, we are really trying to persuade her mind, really really hard, she is such a fool and I have had to hand over the conversations to the livery who got him in the first place, as I am so :mad: I will just swear at her and that will achieve nothing. Wanted to take him for a hack tonight, but it was to late after work with light etc for a lovely hack, so I took him for a spin round are fields, then worked him into the bridle and he just loved every bit, he never pulls, bucks, rears (did try to jump the odd thistle :D) and then just mooched and had cuddles.

Well I will keep you all informed. I really do love this horse in his only special way, he's not going to be an olympic star, but he is just such a lovely boy and tries so hard and is just so willing and steady as you like. Oh well, at least he is fat (for a TB) and happy now, and thats important to me.