Pictures Updates: The spotted sports cob and the sockmonster!

Jinx94

Visit site
Hi all! As my recent posts have been pleas for help whilst having a meltdown, I wanted to share the positives with you :D

I moved Tris to a new yard at the start of May, he now spends part of his day stabled and is turned out in a group. Bribery is required to catch him - if I have no apple, I have no hope!

irOUrlV.jpg

Q1oulBV.jpg

I've kept his work varied and we've had a little play around parts of the XC course on a lunge line, and today we jumped our first ever (tiny) ditch! We spent the first couple of weeks walking, and introduced very short bursts of canter in the last few days. I'm so proud of how far he's come on - his balance has improved dramatically and (when he concentrates) he really does try his heart out! I've entered him for the Intro A at our yard next weekend which may be a little soon, but im looking forward to the feedback that we'll get.

5wZOeHR.jpg

HQhi7OJ.jpg

v3JBhPa.jpg

m1vLGSF.jpg

601yJQI.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On to the next!

Arya has now been with me for almost two months! She's grown like a weed and is currently standing at around 15hh :eek: her temperament is second to none and her breeder has given her a fantastic start. She yields shoulder and quarters, backs up, circles and today we left her friends behind and walked along the drive to the yard. We saw a couple of cars, a trailer, one of the yard dogs and stopped to say hello to a couple of people. She did get a little antsy, understandably, and got quite keen on the way back to the field. I popped the rope around her nose 'just in case' as she's very big and very strong, but even when stressy she was incredibly polite. Thrilled to bits with her!! :D

jMEjLci.jpg

TsY3sxU.jpg

qewNMTl.jpg

zUdLZl1.jpg

9Mrtai9.jpg

eXM5sZp.jpg

E8Oa9wa.jpg

g52aSWB.jpg

jHxK06Z.jpg

hobo

Visit site
Two beautiful horses, extra love for the one that has been walking through a river of white paint!

Jinx94

Visit site
Thanks all!

CT, I couldn't believe how good he was! The first time out, he didn't hesitate but didn't quite understand so it was a it of a scramble! But he's amazing, as soon as he's got over an obstacle once, he just cracks on with it. He might be an obstinate pig at times, but overall he is a very good egg ❤

Jinx94

Visit site
Aww glad you're back with happier update and that Tris is improving.

They both look lovely

Thank you! I had meant to pm you a couple of weeks ago, but life completely got in the way! X

Those socks are to die for o_O
What lovely horses you have!

Thank you, I definitely feel very lucky to have them :)

they're both lovely! has your youngster accidentally galloped into a pot of white paint?! 😍

Haha, it's a possibility!! Not enough white higher up to class as a coloured though :rolleyes: