Uploading pics

Bernster

Visit site
I was gong to do a random update but instead I'm posting asking what's happening with pics on this forum. My photobucket account isn't working (seems to be buggy) and I read on another post that something seems to have changed ref uploading pics and images.

Help??

j1ffy

Visit site
I got sick of photobucket and have switched to Imgur - it's working far better! The only downside I've found is that I can't find the links to add photos to the forum in the mobile app. No issue on the desktop version though.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Imgur is the best and easiest way to do it. I'm planning to do a picture uploading guide (for Mac, Windows, Android, AND iOS!) when I find something else I'd rather procrastinate about doing :p.

Overread

www.flickr.com
Photobucket has basically kicked the bucket.

Ok it still runs, but they've removed the ability to view photos hosted on there on other sites; unless you pay $400 a year. It's an insane charge designed to get people to leave in droves. Basically its dead.

Imgur; flickr; deviant art; facebook; smugmug - there are loads of free/cheaper alternative options on the market today.

Bernster

Visit site
Imgur is the best and easiest way to do it. I'm planning to do a picture uploading guide (for Mac, Windows, Android, AND iOS!) when I find something else I'd rather procrastinate about doing :p.

I look forward to that. I was going to post something as part of my procrastination effort but I've been foiled!

Thx all, it does sound like photobucket has kicked the proverbial. I'm on the iPad so might prove a bit trickier but will see how I go, and have a look at Imgur.

LeannePip

Visit site
I still cant work out how to do it! i've made an imgur account but cant find the link to post in here that will make it pictures?

I am such a technophobe for a 23 year old :D

Overread

www.flickr.com
Leanne here's a manual way that I use that works on most sites/times

1) Right click on the photo to bring up a menu.

2) From the menu the options will vary on your browser. You want to either click the "copy url address" "copy image address" " properties and then copy url from the properties tab" etc... Basically you want the direct address of the photo so that if it were pasted into your address bar it would show the photo only (no webpage details).

You can also right click and select to open the image in a new "tab" and then just copy the address bar for that tab.

3) Put the image tags into your post like this:

[ img ] paste the url of the image here [ /img]

Do that without any of the spaces. The image tags either side tell the site to run the code to embed whilst the url of the photo is the image to be displayed.

Note if you can't right click the photo it means the feature is being blocked by the site and imgur should have another option for you to get the embedding link. As I don't use that site I don't know its setup to know where to find it.

Casey76

Visit site
I am so upset. I've been using Photobucket for more than 10 years. I have over 4000 photos uploaded, but what is the point if I can't upload them anywhere else? - actually I can, as I pay $1 a month for no ads - so I can still use the 3rd party thingy free until next year.

I've tried other image hosting sites, and I find them all incredibly user-unfriendly or bombarded with ads.

I had started to upload onto FB, but it's impossible to get the source code to embed from an iPad.

Unfortunately Photobucket has been more and more buggy over the past couple of years, with huge hangs between screens etc, soI have been using it less and less.

I'm not looking forward to downloading all of the photos, which you have to do individually *sigh*