Upper Basildon - Hacking and lessons

Tunchi

New User
Visit site
Hi, I will be moving to the Reading area and found a nice stable in Upper Basildon where I would like to stable my horse. It is mainly a dressage stable and as I also do Show Jumping and Cross Country and would like to know if there are facilities nearby I can travel to and use ? Ideally with lessons.
Also has anyone experience with the hacking in this area ?
Looking forward for some advice !

Angeline

Visit site
Hi,

I have a fab trainer who comes and teaches me in upper basildon. His name is Giles Carradine based in nettlebed but travels to hillfields to teach. I event and he trains me for all three disciplines. With regards to hacking you can go for hours! I hack all the way to yattendon and back which is about 2 hours but if you want a quick local hack there are lots of bridal ways and fields you can go in. Are you going to be based at Keyland stud? (just guessing as they are mainly dressage)

:)

Tunchi

New User
Visit site
Yes, I had a look at Keyland stud and really liked it there - but I am still open to look at other stables where more jumping and eventing facilities are on site.
Hacking for hours sounds great ��
Where in Upper Basildon are you based? Would it be possible to just go there for training if my horse is not based there?
Best wishes

Angeline

Visit site
Best yard for jumping is hillfields! Even if you can't get in that's where my trainer is based and I have a lot of lessons there as he also does a lot of clinics. It's about 5-10 min hack from keyland stud. Depending on what you want to do my trainer is superb and got me jumping from 2ft6 to now 1m49 at home and 1m5 out :) but he also got me into eventing which is my big passion at the moment. Where are you currently based? Xx

Tunchi

New User
Visit site
Sounds very good ! Found the Hillfields website, is there a list of the clinics he does anywhere ?
I am from Germany and will move to the UK this summer! Have been eventing and jumping my boy in a few young horse classes last year. Looking forward to also compete him here!

Angeline

Visit site
Hillfields is fab! :) Amy is head girl on the top yard covering full and part livery and stacey runs the bottom yard part and DIY livery. Most clinics are held by my trainer giles carradine (Huntercombe Horses) and by my riding club Chiltern Riding Club but Giles runs these clinincs or we have other well known riders come over to teach us. Check out http://www.huntercombehorses.co.uk/ and www.chilternridingclub.co.uk I am sure we would love to have you join our club and come competing with us :). Are you on Facebook or Twitter?