Uranium (stallion)

Georgedubbelu

Visit site
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. I have rexently bought a horse whose maternal grandsire is Uranium by Porter. I have found his details on all breed pedigree (think that's where I found it) but can't find anything out about him. Just wondering if anyone knew him or can find a photo of him. I have traced Porter and have a photo of him but nothing about Uranium.

Also he is Wpn in the passport but AES on ABP. Would that suggest he stood over here?

Thanks for any help.

Alec Swan

Visit site
There was quite a well known, and well used horse, of the same name, who stood just north of Norwich, during the early 1990s.

I could certainly find out who the owner was, if you'd like me to. The name's on the tip of my tongue (isn't it always!!)

Alec.

Alec Swan

Visit site
The horse stood at Doctors Hill Stud, Hevingham. I've just googled it, and from what I can see, it's no longer a stud farm.

A chum of mine lives in the village, and I'll ask him tomorrow. He's sure to know.

Alec.

barbaraNcolin

Visit site
Doctor's Hill isn't a stud anymore, I used to live in the village. I think he then lived out at Marsham but I can't remember who is owner was. I thought his offspring had a bit of a reputation as being live wires?

Georgedubbelu

Visit site
Thanks.That gives me a start, Who are the Malletts?

Alec, I would really appreciate it if you can ask your friend.

I was told he was a SJ but haven't been able to find out much more.

Georgedubbelu

Visit site
Thanks Magic. I have tried the link but it won't let me log in. Have set up account.
Have found a Tony and Marion Mallett but no idea where they are based. I'm getting nowhere further with google!
Hope someone can get me a bit further.:)

Alec Swan

Visit site
Georgedubbelu,

I'm sorry that it's taken until now for me to reply, but the enquiries are still on-going!!

A friend of a friend knows Tony Mallett very well, and he was at St. Faiths, but I understand that he's now moved.

If I manage to track him down, then I'll speak to him first, and if he's happy for me to do so, then I'll send you his contact details, by PM. That will probably be the best that I can do. Be patient, it'll take a day or two, we are in Norfolk, after all!!

Alec.

Anne_GTI

Visit site
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. I have rexently bought a horse whose maternal grandsire is Uranium by Porter. I have found his details on all breed pedigree (think that's where I found it) but can't find anything out about him. Just wondering if anyone knew him or can find a photo of him. I have traced Porter and have a photo of him but nothing about Uranium.

Also he is Wpn in the passport but AES on ABP. Would that suggest he stood over here?

Thanks for any help.

Uranium was never aproved as a stallion for KWPN. AES has other criteria for exceptance. He comes from a "groninger" line. More heavyweight horses then the normal KWPN. The dam-shire was Garant, I found a picture of him.
b.0.150.16777215.0...images.galerij.hengsten_1980-2000.garant.jpg

Garant used to live just a cople of miles from where I live and alot of horses here in the area go back on him. :) I also have one.

Georgedubbelu

Visit site
Uranium was never aproved as a stallion for KWPN. AES has other criteria for exceptance. He comes from a "groninger" line. More heavyweight horses then the normal KWPN. The dam-shire was Garant, I found a picture of him.
b.0.150.16777215.0...images.galerij.hengsten_1980-2000.garant.jpg

Garant used to live just a cople of miles from where I live and alot of horses here in the area go back on him. :) I also have one.

Thanks. :)

slarkin

New User
Visit site
HI,

My mare's grandsire is uranium. I have ridden Uranium and had one of his sons for a while and know a fair bit about his offspring...what would you like to know?
:)
Oh and i have a photo of him showjumping some where..(which he was v good at i may add!)

Kinks3

Visit site
hi could you please tell me where you found your info on Porter from, I have just bought a mare aptly called Porters Princess but havent had any luck finding anything on her sire, i would be really grateful to know where i could find it, many thanks