URGENT help needed decide what height class (all explained inside)

own land or Livery yard??

• Total voters

OneInAMillion

Visit site
I am doing a ODE at Poplar Park.
The height classes are 2ft9 3ft3 3ft6
Now there is no way I would be doing the 3ft6. My boy is only 14.2 and not brave XC, which nicely brings me to my next point. We are very happy jumping at 3ft XC and 3ft3 SJ but would the XC at Poplar overface him??? So should I stick to the 2ft9
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Thunderbirds R Gone

Visit site
I've never been to Poplar so can't comment on the course, but I don't see the point in overfacing him when he's not brave cross country.

It's always best to be training at a higher level than the one you compete at, so I would stick to the 2ft 9 and have a nice confidence giving round
laugh.gif

MegaBeast

Visit site
Can you go and have a look at the course?

Found at the weekend when deciding which HT to do that the 2'6 class at the one venue was significantly bigger and asked more questions than the 2'9 at the other. In fact the 2'6 class included some open fences of 3'3 (don't ask).

If in doubt would suggest the smaller class and have a nice confidence giving round.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I would also do the 2ft9, what’s the point of over facing him if he isn’t overly brave XC. 2ft9 is still a decent size!

Lolo

Visit site
The 3'3 is quite decent, and somewhere I have a video of Al doing it on her 14.2hh, who is abit of a tiger xc... If he's not brave, do the 2'9 which is friendly and really nice- did it on my old man and he loved it!