URGENT: INFO REQUIRED:BOUGHT A HORSE FROM TELFORD, SHROPSHIRE, THAT WAS MISDESCRIBED?

Polos Mum

Visit site
If you were friends with the buyer and have 30 years of horse experience why did you let them buy a horse un tried and un vetted from a dealer that nobody knew!

Put the horse in your box and take it back, post the passport through the door and write it off to experience. Or if you really care then have the poor thing PTS and next time go and look at the horse for your friend if she can't travel!

lastchancer

www.facebook.com
I can assure you I am not a troll, Why would I want to waste my time? I just asking for anyone with similar experiences.....I am not the buyer, I am an experienced horse woman assisting the buyer in getting justice. Yes silly buying blind, but it does happen. Many people buy furniture from the internet, there is no excuse when it arrives broken or misdecribed! These people are criminals and need to be prosecuted

Yes there is no excuse for selling a dangerous horse to a novice unseen.
HOWEVER, Darwin's law will catch up with the unwary and the foolish. As an experienced horsewoman did you not tell this person she must be out of her mind to buy unseen?

Or have you just strayed out from under a bridge this cold, dark, evening.

weebarney

Visit site
thatsmygirl, believe me I have been around horses now for 30 years, having competed to a high level. I have this horse on livery with me in a professional yard, I have never known/seen a horse with behaviour like this in all my life! It is damn right evil, we are not just typical 'novice numpties'. I do not expect a 13 year old cobby 'happy hacking super safe horse' to bronc when the rider get on to the point them eat dirt, and then it comes back to kick, no matter what the circumstances

Sorry but no horse is evil. Its obviously in pain or suffering psychologically.

Marydoll

Visit site
Let me get this right, you bought a horse from a someone ......
Unseen :eek:
Untried :eek:
Unvetted :eek:
And youre really surprised someone has duped you ?
As much as we'd all love to believe everyone selling horses is honest and truthful, a quick flick through the posts in here will tell you otherwise.
If you didnt know what you were doing, you really shouldve got help.
As for getting your money back, i hope you get it, i really do, but as many posts on here will show it can be a long hard struggle and few succeed

Beausmate

Visit site
I'm under the impression that the op is the owner of the yard that this horse is on, not the purchaser of this horse and that the horse's owner is one of her clients. Is that right, op?

essexgirl

Visit site
The buyers came to me for help after the purchase, I have had the horse in my yard in livery and have had to refuse to have it any longer, the horse have serious issues... Listen guys, I am not asking to be slated, or a troll causing trouble, merely asking for others in the same boat, with issues with the same people, to come forward. Trading Standards keen for more info. The 'gentleman' is also a car dealer so is well known to TS for various horse and non horse offences...

essexgirl

Visit site
No Mary Doll, me neither, that is why I am appealing for anyone else that have been scammed by these people. These people need to be stopped before they take lives of inncocent people. I am not looking for sympathy, just factual info that can get the justice these people deserve. The police have looked into the passport situation too, and have take copies of the passport etc, which is a start. Why would anyone feel the need to black out names and addresses for no reason unless you had something to hide. Awful low life people..

Red30563

Visit site

Mearas

Visit site
No Mary Doll, me neither, that is why I am appealing for anyone else that have been scammed by these people. These people need to be stopped before they take lives of inncocent people. I am not looking for sympathy, just factual info that can get the justice these people deserve. The police have looked into the passport situation too, and have take copies of the passport etc, which is a start. Why would anyone feel the need to black out names and addresses for no reason unless you had something to hide. Awful low life people..

Totally agree Essex Girl. In the beginning I am sure we have all made mistakes but these people do need to be stopped. Many responsible breeders/owners need to reassure themselves that their horses are going to a good home before they will part with them so it is not just a one way thing.

Adopter

Visit site
Essexgirl I think you are doing a great job helping someone who has made a mistake. I am so sorry to read about the plight of the horse and its owner a really sad situation.

Although MS is a neuro illness that affects people physically, it also often affect people's thought processes and people do things that seem strange or unwise to others, and you say the person may have been too trusting because physically to go and look at horse was too much. I don't think they deserved to be scammed and I hope that you are able to get some recompence and support.

Bobbly

Visit site
Is there any chance the the passport issuing office would have record of the previous ownership that has been blacked out? Maybe TS would have some clout in finding this information?

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
OP - I'm guessing from your username that you (and your client) are in Essex. You would therefore need to deal through Essex Trading Standards who may - or may not - be particularly helpful. It might be useful to you to know that Shropshire Trading Standards have run a couple of cases against horse dealers in other areas (I was their expert witness for a couple) so they have a clue or two now!

If you want to PM me the name of the seller (and his/her phone numbers if you have them) I'd be pleased to help! I'm not very far from Telford.

essexgirl

Visit site
Thanks guys, I will continue to fight for what is right. These people are not human beings, that are criminals. Not only is this deception, it is putting lives in danger. I would put it on par with selling a cut and shut car, dangerous as well as deception.

circuit dancer

Visit site
I know what you are saying about fighting for what's right. But please do something to help this poor horses. Find out why it is the way it is, get a vet for full check over and as well as help the horse it could help your case, or just pts. Be awful if it went back. No one will know where it will end up :(

Elsiecat

Visit site
I'm sorry but no horse is 'evil.' I'm also thinking you'll be hard pushed to prove beyond doubt that this behaviour hasn't just started since being with its new owner.

I'd chalk this one down to experience and send it back, sell with problems known or PTS.

essexgirl

Visit site
You are mssing the point of the post Elsiecat. I am not asking for advice on the horse. I am seeking info of anyone else that have bought from these people. Thanks

Elsiecat

Visit site
You're missing the point of my post. I'm saying that you'd be hard pushed to prove that this horse hasn't just started behaving this way since the new owner. Thanks.

sophiebailey

Visit site
This isn't a troll post, OP (or OP's friends) are posting on my local horsey facebook groups also asking for the same information, seems to be a genuine question.

essexgirl

Visit site
we don't need to prove this, we have been in contact with old owners who gave the horse away due to the issues. Also various other people who have been duped by these people are coming forward. I am only trying to gather info, not looking for an argument. If everyone didn't challenge these people, and just move on like you are suggesting, they will continue to get away with it. Why should they?

essexgirl

Visit site
Thanks SophieBailey. Like I have said, and will say again, please I am not a troll (I have better things to do at 11.35pm on a Saturday night!) Looking for genuine info please!

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I can assure you I am not a troll, Why would I want to waste my time? I just asking for anyone with similar experiences.....I am not the buyer, I am an experienced horse woman assisting the buyer in getting justice. Yes silly buying blind, but it does happen. Many people buy furniture from the internet, there is no excuse when it arrives broken or misdecribed! These people are criminals and need to be prosecuted

The thing is it is silly buyers like your friend that fuel the bad dealer market :(

Frankly if the horse is hopping lame - why has anyone tried to ride it? Wasn't that obvious? I would bolt too if I was in pain and someone tried to ride me.