Urgent - loose gray horse in headley surrey

Luci07

Visit site
Police on their way to try to find it. My friend is down there trying to contain it/stay near it. This is a large gray horse - rugged, got out through a gap in the fence. This is near CHERKLEY COURT on the HEADLEY ROAD.

Who knows YO/liveries in this area, please call ASAP to track the owner/retrieve the horse. I am calling friends who have been liveries up there now

JessandCharlie

Visit site
I think you are near wish hanger. There are two yards there from my recollection so may be worth trying. Wishhanger lodge and the other I can't remember the name of I'm afraid. I don't know the contact details but google may help. Hope you catch it safely

Luci07

Visit site
Its my poor (non horsey) friend is who there atm - I am at home trying to find contacts through my equine network - one has come up with Highlands Farm? as having fields near to the court? thanks for the name of Wishanger Lodge - will google it now as well.

Luci07

Visit site
Can't find that for Headley - found Tumber Livery and Highlands Farm. Head girl from our yard has contacted HF and they are going down to help..

Luci07

Visit site
Have left messages with highlands farm and tumber livery. Police have advised friend they will not be coming as the horse is not on the road (?) so friends now gone to nearby house to see if they can find/know anyone. Unbelievable - potentially a large horse out and can't get hold of anyone to collect it.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
A nightmare situation for all concerned. My mare got out of a showground once (no gates, she spooked while loading and I just couldn't hold her - had rope burns all across both hands from trying to). She ran several miles down roads before luckily running into a drive leading to a stable yard. Have they actually secured the horse? I'm now in Berkshire, but it isn't far from where I used to live, and if I still lived there would be there now if I thought I could help. I really hope this has a happy ending. Thoughts are with you.

Witchy

Visit site
Yards coming up for Headley/Headley Road, Surrey

Woodruffe Stables
Headley road
epsom, surrey KT18 6BH
07786 371 917

Hallega Stables - Epsom
Heath Farm, Headley Common Road, Headley, Epsom, Surrey KT18 6ND
Phone: 01372 361252

Headley Park Farm - Epsom
Headley Park Farm, Hurst Lane, Headley, Epsom KT18 6DY
Telephone: 01372 360552

Headley Trace Stables - Epsom
Clay Lane, Headley, Epsom, Surrey KT18 6JX
Phone: 01372 374162

Highfield Livery Stables, Heath Farm,
Headley, Surrey
Phone: Sharon 07950 951206

Four Seasons Liverly Stables
Addlestead Farm Headley Common Road Headley Surrey KT18 6ET
Tel: 01372 379102

Last edited:

Luci07

Visit site
A nightmare situation for all concerned. My mare got out of a showground once (no gates, she spooked while loading and I just couldn't hold her - had rope burns all across both hands from trying to). She ran several miles down roads before luckily running into a drive leading to a stable yard. Have they actually secured the horse? I'm now in Berkshire, but it isn't far from where I used to live, and if I still lived there would be there now if I thought I could help. I really hope this has a happy ending. Thoughts are with you.

Police not coming out, horse now in the woods and friend can't see it anymore - I am at home ringing round as its my friend who is up there. Another ex livery has just rung and now she is also calling people up there.

Luci07

Visit site
Yards coming up for Headley/Headley Road, Surrey

Woodruffe Stables
Headley road
epsom, surrey KT18 6BH
07786 371 917

Hallega Stables - Epsom
Heath Farm, Headley Common Road, Headley, Epsom, Surrey KT18 6ND
Phone: 01372 361252

Headley Park Farm - Epsom
Headley Park Farm, Hurst Lane, Headley, Epsom KT18 6DY
Telephone: 01372 360552

Headley Trace Stables - Epsom
Clay Lane, Headley, Epsom, Surrey KT18 6JX
Phone: 01372 374162

Highfield Livery Stables, Heath Farm,
Headley, Surrey
Phone: Sharon 07950 951206

Four Seasons Liverly Stables
Addlestead Farm Headley Common Road Headley Surrey KT18 6ET
Tel: 01372 379102

Many thanks - very much appreciated

Mike007

Visit site
Captrure it ,coral it. then worry who owns it. This is headley surrey not hants.Not wishanger area.Too many yards to be specific around there,but concentrate on the basics ,safety of horse ,then ownership.

Cedars

Visit site
I think you need to get up there with a headcollar, a bucket of rattley feed and some people willing to help you corrall it. Worry about who's it is later. xxxx

Luci07

Visit site
Its in the woods now and hasn't been seen for over an hour. I also do not know these area at all except to drive through..We are on last call via one more person otherwise friends and I will be going up though flipping annoyed as well - we won't know where to put it/whatever either. The reason for trying to get hold of the yards is that they would have a much better chance of knowing where to go to find it..

Luci07

Visit site
Found it. Its not a gray horse its a large coloured cob, who appeared rather relieved to see us. We seemed to trek through half of Headley as we couldnt find where it had broken out and all the fields are padlocked up there. Various calls (again) and no pick ups so found a field with sheep and put him in there. I did check the field was secure, it did have 2 water troughs and my friend is going back up tomorrow to notify the nearest yards. So tomorrow, someone is going to have heart failure when they can't find their horse. I hope we have left enough messages with local yards/police to prevent them having kittens.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Yes well done. Nnice to think there are people out there who would do so much. Bet there will be a thread on here tomorrow about gypsies putting their horse in their field now!

Luci07

Visit site
Yes I terrorised the sheep when checking the field was secure and had water..someone is going to get a surprise tomorrow!

Mike007

Visit site
LOL, desperately trying to think of who still has a field of sheep in that area . Bockets farm is the most likely,as they run sheep on the BelIassis estate.If the horse is now penned up safely ,I think the matter will be sorted. PS ,Paul Wates ,owner of Belassis is not a man to be concerned that a stray horse is put on his land. He is a horse lover like the rest of us.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Just fingers crossed now the horse is OK with sheep - Sheep ran with the horses when I was at College and one new arrival (failed police horse), took exception to the sheep in his paddock and killed/mortally wounded 5 the 1st night he was out with them!:eek:

immoralorchid

Visit site
heya that really close to me i know some yards around there

hurstfields opposite the pony club their horses have escaped before

you could contact wildwoods the riding school as they will prob know where it is from and are in that area

Luci07

Visit site
Actually given up on contacting people. I spent the best part of 2 hours ringing around yards last night and leaving messages then I have not had ONE single message in response. I also had friends ringing people they knew and they had nothing either. I have told the Surrey police where we put it. I am not chasing anyone else now! Also the 2 hours we spent going out to get the horse, and find somewhere to put it.. Only YO to actually respond was my own who came out with 2 other friends to retrieve it.

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Mad how no-one has noticed it missing...well done though on your efforts along with your friends to getting it and putting it somewhere safe...amazing at almost 4pm and no one has even battered an eyelid to the horse being gone?....

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
I was part of the horse collecting operation last night as I am very local - spoke to some friends this morning about the horse, and it turns out that the horse was from their yard, and we did in fact put it into a field that was on their property - owners were confused as to how the horse ended up in there - my friend has filled them in on their escapee's activities, and was told that they are very grateful for us securing the horse.

SO all is well, horse is with owners and no damage done.

Chestnutmare

Visit site
I was part of the horse collecting operation last night as I am very local - spoke to some friends this morning about the horse, and it turns out that the horse was from their yard, and we did in fact put it into a field that was on their property - owners were confused as to how the horse ended up in there - my friend has filled them in on their escapee's activities, and was told that they are very grateful for us securing the horse.

SO all is well, horse is with owners and no damage done.

Fantastic glad to hear this...well done :)