URGENT:Moving to UK and looking for a part livery Cambridgeshire

Woody Le Bois

Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am in a bit of a pickle. Long story short, after hving spent 3 years in France, I am moving back to the UK, Cmabridge to be exact. My horse will be coming with me. Now the problem is that this move was not anticipated to happen so quickly (starting work in Cambridge the 19 September-this is non negotiable for a few reasons). This leaves me very little time to find a livery yard and organise my move.

The question I have for you is: would it be possible to reserve a place on a livery yard without visiting the yard in question before? I know it is not ideal but hey ho. Failing that would someone know of a yard or even a field that would agree to have my horse for 1-2 weeks max untill I make other arrangements?

I would really appreciate any help and advice you had for me. I am stressing a lot about all of this and ideally would not want to leave my mare in France for too long.

Thank you all!!!

Dusty M Yeti

Visit site
Hi,

I work in Cambridge and live just outside, there are plenty of yards around here. Are you on Facebook? If you are, have a look on the "Horsepoo(cambridge area)" page, many yards will advertise vacancies on there. You say 'part-livery' is what you're looking for - is this just help with turn-out one end of the day, mucking out during the week or full care but no exercise? The term varies depending on the yard - if you could give a better idea I can point you in the right direction!

Dusty

Woody Le Bois

Visit site
Hi Dusty,

Thank you fo your reply.

I am looking for something similar to whatI have in France, so: living in, mucking out, turning in/out and feeding. If you know of any yards which provide that kind of care, let me kow :)

Thank you for the horsey group suggestion, I am waiting for an approval for the membership. Will defintely keep an eye out and post myself :)

concorde

Visit site
Keeble Cottage Equestrian Centre is in Oakington , only a few miles from Cambridge.
They may have a waiting list but worth trying them.

Chief_92

New User
Visit site
Hi, have you had any luck? I think there is still a space at the livery yard I am at. It is near Witchford, towards Ely - so might be a little bit far but depends whereabout in Cambridge you're living (20-25 mins drive from Cambridge town centre). Message me if you might be interested , I can put you in touch with our yard manager :) . Part livery or assisted DIY available, 20x40m outdoor arena and plenty of hacking, turnout paddocks.