Urgently looking for retirement livery/herd turnout South west

meesha

Visit site
Urgently needed for 15.2 gelding herd turnout or retirement livery, owners family circumstances have changed and she needs to find herd turnout or retirement livery for healthy 14 year old gelding. Currently on livery with grass turnout but about to change to winter livery which is stable and no grass meaning owner would need to exercise horse which she can't do with all the other commitments (commitments are likely to increase over next couple years sadly) gelding can be stressy if left on own or stabled and she needs to know he will be happy.

All suggestions in south west welcome, urgent situation.

Merlot for all suggestions

ihatework

Visit site
Urgently needed for 15.2 gelding herd turnout or retirement livery, owners family circumstances have changed and she needs to find herd turnout or retirement livery for healthy 14 year old gelding. Currently on livery with grass turnout but about to change to winter livery which is stable and no grass meaning owner would need to exercise horse which she can't do with all the other commitments (commitments are likely to increase over next couple years sadly) gelding can be stressy if left on own or stabled and she needs to know he will be happy.

All suggestions in south west welcome, urgent situation.

Merlot for all suggestions

Speak to TheMule, they take retirement livery

Bertolie

Visit site
Not sure where you are but Newbrook Farm Equestrian near Dursley do retirement livery and are absolutely fab. The horses are cared for as if they were their own by wonderful people in a wonderful setting. Highly recommended.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have asked another user who does,

now there used to be an ex user in devon who had a small stud and did retirement livery. I can't remember who or if they will still do though, I shall see if someone else knows ;)

Nicnac

Visit site
I have asked another user who does,

now there used to be an ex user in devon who had a small stud and did retirement livery. I can't remember who or if they will still do though, I shall see if someone else knows ;)

Is that C? If so I won't ask her if you have!

Brummyrat

Visit site
A friend of mine has just retired her lovely mare to Newbrook Farm and she says its perfect, the photos look like horsey heaven, she would definitely recommend them.

mrmac

Visit site
Try Monshall retirement livery. It's near Dolton/Winkleigh. Very good by all accounts. Set in 500 acres, fields rotated regularly, rugs changed if necessary. They do have a Facebook page x

Bertolie

Visit site
A friend of mine has just retired her lovely mare to Newbrook Farm and she says its perfect, the photos look like horsey heaven, she would definitely recommend them.

Its is horsey heaven! It's run by some friends of mine who treat all the horses as if they were their own. It's set in beautiful countryside with lovely big fields for turnout.

Bessi

Visit site
I saw a post on the livery yard devon page on Facebook yesterday advertising a space for one retirement livery in Chudleigh Knighton.

meesha

Visit site
Thanks all, have passed details on, hopefully she has found somewhere as went to view somewhere today. Some amazing places around.

meesha

Visit site
Just a quick update, big thank you for all the suggestions which I passed onto friend. Horse is happily installed at Newbrook farm, she has been up a couple of times to check he has settled in and i dropped her off last week, she took him out for a little walk while I went to work then she took me to visit him in his beautiful big field. Field had loads of natural shelter and area is stunning.

From what I have seen I would highly recommend it (and it's not extortionate).

Beckyfx

New User
Visit site
I do not recommend Monshall retirement in Winkleigh, they shot our mare and did not even tell us until we tried to visit. Still trying to find out what happened to her remains and who actually shot her. Devastated I left her there now.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I do not recommend Monshall retirement in Winkleigh, they shot our mare and did not even tell us until we tried to visit. Still trying to find out what happened to her remains and who actually shot her. Devastated I left her there now.

^^^^ Whaattt?? This is awful. Don't know of the yard but am hugely shocked, and very sorry for your loss.

Beckyfx

New User
Visit site
Thanks for the message of condolence. I'm just praying she didn't end up being sent to Taunton slaughterhouse but the absence of any info from them is filling me with dread.