Urgently need help my dog has eaten a tea bag

gemin1eye

Visit site
My dog ate a wet caffeinated tea bag about 10 minutes ago, now I've just googles it and seen that caffeine can be fatal to dogs! What the he'll do I do? I've tried making her sick but it didn't work

dappyness

Visit site
Cant leave cups of tea or coffee anywhere unattended in my house. My Whippet will drink the whole cup even when its still hot!. Now I cant say excatly how many cups he has had and he is still ok..... Although that amount of caffinene may have something to do with his name being changed to ASBO:confused:

Last edited:

Scranny_Ann

Visit site
Cant leave cups of tea or coffee anywhere unattended in my house. My Whippet will drink the whole cup even when its still hot!. Now I cant say excatly how many cups he has had and he is still ok..... Although that amount of caffinene may have something to do with his name being changed to ASBO:confused:

LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D this is my situation too ;):p:p:D:D:D

Get in the shower mid-cuppa and get out the shower empty cuppa!!!

dappyness

Visit site
LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D this is my situation too ;):p:p:D:D:D

Get in the shower mid-cuppa and get out the shower empty cuppa!!!

Its a bugger isnt it! Mid conversation with a friend enjoying a cup of tea after a dog walk and "lick lick" the beady long nose has come out from no where and drank the lot! Its the way he looks at me out of the corner of his eye when drinking - he just cant help himself! :D:D

dappyness

Visit site
Sorry Op, I dont want you thinking i'm making fun out of the situation. Eating one bag wont harm them regarding the caffine but if you are worried about the bag itself being digested properly and not blocking the digestive system just give the vets a call and they will tell you what to look out for. Tortoise my other whippet had a cotton thread coming out one of his poo's last year and I was told not to take him up to the vets unless he had some symptoms of discomfort.
Also i find tea bags half eaten after a midnight raid through the bins by my boys!

Honestly I sound like a bad mummy but i promise i'm not!

gemin1eye

Visit site
Thanks guys, id just been scaring myself by looking on google (as you do) and it didn't actually mention quantities that are dangerous it just said caffeine was very dangerous. Rang the vet anyway and she said you'd need to feed them pro plus to be severe enough to kill them and an obstruction in the gut is more of a worry. Dog was fine this morning though eating drinking and pooing like a good un. I'm just a born worrier though! Thanks :)

EAST KENT

Visit site
ALWAYS have a sealed tub of old fashioned washing soda crystals in your dog med cupboard.If the little darling:mad:nicks anything all you have to do is shove down a walnut size crystal.Within a minute whatever its swallowed will be vomited up.
Please do this,it is a real life saver sometimes if something poisonous has been eaten,do this FIRST,then get to the vet.The sooner the whatever is up and out of the stomach the less absorbtion is possible and thus damage limited.