Using electric fencing wired straight to a battery

Kezza

Visit site
Has/does anyone used a car battery alone to electrify their fencing? My friend says she does and that it works quite well. We haven’t got an energiser so we were going to try doing the same. Will it still work? We only need one of our horses to feel it as the other 2 have experienced electric fencing in the past so they stay away from it even though ours is currently not “electrified”.

The one who hasn’t ever experienced proper electric fencing keeps putting her head through it so we are hoping if she feels a little shock from it, then she’ll stay away.

Thanks!

jemmeg

community.webshots.com
I do and I also have a solar panel attached to the battery that keeps the battery charged. I have a electric fence tester and it has 5 lights on it my electric fence lights up all five which means that it is getting a very strong charge. No problems whats so ever. Do recommend getting the solar panal as it trickly charges the battery all year round.

sojeph

Visit site
How do you do that without an energiser? I'm puzzled!
crazy.gif

Jay89

Visit site
We use a car battery always have works great. I know his may sound bit thick lol but by energiser do you mean something that charges battery all the time? Lol dad sorts out fencing!! If so we have about 3 batteries and when one dies we take it home and charge it and put another battery on.

SpruceRI

Visit site
Are you saying you connect the wires direct from the Car battery to the fence without passing it through an Energiser Unit?

Does this work? Surely the energiser is what converts the energy from the battery into the pulse and pushes it down the line?

I would think if you connected the fence directly to the battery that the fence would be 'live' right next to the battery but not further down the fence line

_daisy_

Visit site
i was informed that having the fencing attached direct to the battery would drain it quicker as it would be a permanent flow rather than a pulse.
Sure it would work fine but it would mean charging the batteries up more