Using Megatek or whatever it's called on human hair

GSLS

Visit site
Ahhh... I've always longed for those flowing pantene advert locks but alas my hair has remained the same length for about 10 years. :'(

Anyone reckon I could use that mane rebuilder for show ponies on it, heard it's got good results lol.

KVH

Visit site
My hair hadn't grown in years, until I started using Megatek on it and low and behold it started to grow-and hasn't stopped since.

I'm sure I recall that somewhere on the bottle it says it can be used on human hair, hence me deciding to use it.

GSLS

Visit site
Really? Amazing. How do you use it before I whip to the tack shop to buy some? Is it expensive (never used it on a horse) lol. My horses have nicer hair than me
My hair hadn't grown in years, until I started using Megatek on it and low and behold it started to grow-and hasn't stopped since.

I'm sure I recall that somewhere on the bottle it says it can be used on human hair, hence me deciding to use it.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
I have a bottle of megatek for my horses, never thought to use it on myself. I have very fine hair, but quite a lot of it. I don't shampoo my hair, only condition it a couple of times a week. Would megatek work the same?

KVH

Visit site
I used it as a replacement to my usual conditioner, and I used to rub in a very tiny amount to the roots before drying it on occasion too.

As I say I only used it after reading it was ok to use on human hair-the other mane and tail conditioners are very sticky, thick and greasy so I'm told. So have avoided those, and Megatek wasn't greasy at all.

I'm sure I remember reading on here a while back others used it in their hair too.

neddy man

Visit site
Yes you can use it on human hair .We use it on my Appaloosa and it works very well .We get ours from "www.equinehealthuk.com" £19 for 16oz bottle .You do need to follow instructions carefully for the best results .Its not a lot dearer than top price conditioners .Don't use it as a shampoo! .Lots of other sellers on "ebay".

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Its got a very high keratin content, which is why is should be good for hair growth. I have a friend in the us who uses it on her afro hair and says it is the best thing she has ever used! On the megatek website they clearly state you can use on human hair. I used it when i was on Roacccutane for my skin (stops your skin producing oil, so made my hair very dry and brittle) and it really helped give it strength and gloss. I really should use again actually. Because of the high keratin content you need to add a conditioner afterwards to your hair or the high protein makes your hair actually seem brittle (wieerdly).

You can use as an intensive treatment so after shampoo, wring out hair then use a small amount of megatek straight onto your hair, leave for a couple of mins, rinse off and then condition as normal.

Or you can use as a leave in conditioner, you need to dilute the megatek in a spray bottle with water and spray onto dry hair.

It smells lovely i think - like pina coladas! :)

Bellasophia

Visit site
Not megatek,but i Have great results using a mane and tale detangling horse spray on my standard poodles ears...ti really keeps them silky and straight.