Using thinning scissors on a mane.

TimmyTippyToes2

Visit site
My ponies mane can become quite thick and he doesnt always oblige to me pulling it and i have been told that i could use thinning scissors to thin it out so was just wondering what the best way is to use them for thinning the mane.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Mari

Visit site
maybe it's me but I could never get them to do a nice job. The mane always ended up thick at roots & looked all spikey when plaited. I've used those other things for 'tidying' unruly manes & they're just as bad! I've resorted to a humane twitch & pulling!

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
I wouldn't use thinning scissors hun. You can get immediate, reasonable results from using a mane rake. I'd try a friend's before buying. You brush all the mane over to the wrong side and then mane rake UPWARDS (ie from hair roots to the sky) until you achieve the look you want. Take great care - a casual swipe with a new mane and tail rake can hack off 3 years growth! But a better bet would be to invest in one of those combs that have a razor blade in the middle - they're dirt cheap. Back comb each teeny section of mane as normal then slice down with the razor edge on the underneath. Honest to god - it will look as good as if pulled, and a much happier ned!

pocket

Visit site
Ralph has a really thick mane that he wont let me pull and I would not twitch him just to pull a mane. I use a solo comb, fantastic I've had mine for 10yrs and its great, get a nice neat mane.

Lotty

Visit site
I use the comb with the blade inside like Box of frog was on about. Its called a mane comb and is only about £4.00 - its brilliant.