Utilize surplus heat from the muck heap

JillA

Visit site
Trying to work out how to get a warm water horse shower using the heat in the muck heap to warm the water. It only really needs to be just over blood heat
I have a barn with gutters next to the muck heap so could collect the water and then pipe it through the heap. But presumably would need the reservoir (water butt?) to be at least head height to get enough pressure so need a stand - unfortunately the ground rises slightly to the yard. Anyone done it? Did it cost a fortune, was it more complex than it would seem?
Is it simpler just to buy an electric or gas one - I have an itcher who needs bathing regularly, and he is fine with a hose pipe but warm water would be nicer.

turnbuckle

Visit site
It's FAR FAR simpler to buy one in.

But if you feel like playing around one way would be to buy the slinky pipe used for ground-source heat exchangers and rig that up to an electric pump. But you do have the problem of digging out the pipe when you clear the heap.....best idea I can think of would be encase it in a sort of cage which can be lifted out by the loader?

DTV

Visit site
I often fantasize about doing this but the muckheap gets cleared spring and autumn so not practical for me.However,look on that well known auction site for gas powered camping showers.Just the same as the hot horse showers but less than half the price because they don't have 'horse' in the title lol.Only thing that is different is the shower head but a trip to the diy store would sort that.Get a fancy one for £20.The camping showers are about £120 for a 12lt pm one or £170 ish for the GTI 18lt pm.