utterley heartbroken...my best friend pokey is dead

saskia295

Visit site
So sorry to hear your sad news. Hugest hugs for you
frown.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hope this helps you in some little way to celebrate the love and companionship and trust you shared.

She is Gone

You can shed tears that she is gone, Or you can smile because she lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back,
Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
Or you can be full of the love that you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she is gone,
Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back,
Or you can do what she would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
Author - David Harkins

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so beautiful and so very true.

Its devastating when you loose a horse, every time someone looses a horse you get a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye remembering the time when you lost your own horse.

I lost my boy last November, the sadness never goes away but it does get a little easier as time goes on so but it always comes back to haunt you when you see these posts because you share the same sadness.

Very unfair that she was taken away from you at such a young age, but she was so lucky to have someone that loved her so much as you do. She was lovely looking horse.

Sweet dreams Pokey x and many hugs to you.

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
not a lot I can say to make you feel better, hugs and thinking of you, and try to remember the good times. I know how hard it is when they are so young.......it does feel like they have been stolen from you.

So unfair RIP Pokey xxx

mintaka04

Visit site
Someone once said to me, "life's not a bitch. It's a bastard."
This was after losing his young wife to a critical illness. I have often thought his heartfelt words to be very true, and I'm sure that you must be feeling the same right now.
However, life goes on. The sun still rises and the birds still sing.
You have your life, and your memories of your wonderful horse.
Thank God for those memories and take comfort in the pleasure that your horse gave you, even though it was short, it was good.
Remember the good times.
Weep now, and be sad, but take comfort from your friends on here and elsewhere, who will support you in your time of loss, and help you till you are able to remember Pokey with the gladness that she always gave you.

Love and hugs.+++++++

ISHmad

Visit site
Cannot imagine how devastated you must be feeling, so very sorry. RIP Pokey, such a stunning horse.

Spyda

Visit site
Oh God, you poor poor thing. I feel sick for you. What a tragic thing for anyone to have to go through. And Pokey so young, too. I am very sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. X

mickey

Visit site
OMG
I guess whatever happened it happened very suddenly. Poor you. I don't know what to say except you will need time to cry and grieve. Give yourself that time and don't let others make you feel you should act in a different way at this time.
I am so sad for you.
Take good care
samxxx
(PM anytime)