Uuurrrgh I've had it trying to find a sharer!

glamourpuss

Visit site
I have a lovely TB eventer. He's had a long period of time off due to injury but is all fixed & returned to full work.
I have too many horses at the moment & can't give him the time he needs & genuinely can't afford to event 2 at the moment.
I have been looking for a shared/someone to have him on loan for 6 months now & I'm sick to the back teeth of dreamers & time wasters.
Latest one came to see him a week ago. He behaved impeccably, she seemed to love him & we arranged for her to come this weekend with a view to looking at contracts etc.
I've had him reshod (with stud holes because we talked about taking him for a little play over some XC) this week, arranged to use an arena down the road. Send her a text to see what time she wants to come, no reply. Try to call, it goes to answerphone. I've left a message asking if she knew when she could come. Still nothing. 4days later & I can only presume the radio silence means she isn't bothered anymore.

That's it I've had enough. I would've killed for the opportunity that I'm offering but it seems that at the minute because I haven't got a swanky arena & he does require a bit of fittening work before they get out competing they can't be bothered.

I was only asking for a contribution for shoes as well & I was happy to take them out to competitions.
But I've had it now, no more! I'll just have to find the time & money to enjoy him myself.

[ends angry rant]

glamourpuss

Visit site
He's a lovely horse, BE evented, BS & BD. Not a novice ride but nothing nasty.
The last girl already had a retired horse so I was fine with her not doing any chores to give her more time to ride him.
Husband says it's probably me putting them off 😂 But genuinely I don't see what part of 'ride as much as you want, treat him as your own, don't do any chores unless you want to, don't pay much, let me know if you want a lift anywhere but can you get yourself some insurance...is putting them off 😏'

asbo

Visit site
That's a shame, I would love to have something to work with like him. Fingers crossed you find the right person

Shay

Visit site
To be honest it sounds too good to be true - so being cynical I would be looking for the fly in the ointment.

Have you tried the local Pony Club Branch? Sounds like something a college / uni student would possibly want. Also what about your local equine college?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I know how you feel I just wanted someone to hack with had a lot of people mess me about but I have found a few really nice people now, I think you just have to go through the stage of dealing with messers and then someone will come along and it will all be worth it:)

hollyandivy123

Visit site
another one to second the pony club, for years i had the privilege of loaning and borrowing for pony club. Maybe there is someone competent coming off ponies who is having trouble finding the next one up............or going to uni next year etc

Last edited:

WandaMare

Visit site
I know how you feel I just wanted someone to hack with had a lot of people mess me about but I have found a few really nice people now, I think you just have to go through the stage of dealing with messers and then someone will come along and it will all be worth it:)

Totally agree with this. There seems to be a lot more time wasters out there than people with genuine interest so it is a case of working through the duds. Either that or only go with a personal recommendation. It sounds as though you are offering a very fair deal and there will be someone decent who will come along, good luck.

honetpot

Visit site
That would be a PC mums dream. The first horse for a competent teen is a nightmare to find. I had a girl come and look at mine last year, her mum had sold her competition pony which she had competed at a high level because she was doing A levels and now found she was lost without one. Mine was too small.
If you look at PC as well they usually know what work is involved so know fair weather riders.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
If you're in Dorset...! My horse is currently having rough time of it with mystery lameness so likely looking for something to get out and about on as was intending to take him unaff eventing but possibly won't get to now! :(

Abacus

Visit site
Isn't it crazy? I had the same thing. Lovely horse, possibility of eventing or competing, for the right person I would have taken them out and about. We did have good enough facilities - arena, nice hacking. It was close to home for the girl that agreed to share him. She arranged her first day to come on her own after a few hacks with me, I gave her the combination codes to all the locks, tacks rooms and so on. On the day she was meant to be riding I texted her to see how she got on. I heard nothing back, then or in the next days. Why not just let me know?!

PurplePickle

www.ipcmedia.com
Around here no one wants to do anything without getting paid it seems. I have the opposite end of the scale, ex riding school, happy hack. Not one interested party, madness. Pay them and they were queuing!

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I couldn't find any one for my cob either, I didn't want any financial contribution just someone competent to hack him and show him if they wanted to. No takers, he isn't the easiest I must say.

weesophz

www.facebook.com
I feel your pain!
world is full of timewasters, and teenagers that message me clearly without their parents knowledge! hate hate hate it.
hopefully we both get someone eventually your boy sounds fab

Evie91

Visit site
I'm genuinely suprised at the lack of interest. Sounds like a fab opportunity. I share currently - six months and so far, so good. I pay too - not everyone wants something for nothing!

Leo Walker

Visit site
I gave up and hes now on full livery and they exercise him 4 days a week for me at the minute, I will reduce that down in future, but while I'm still not very well its brilliant to know hes looked after and exercised