Vaccine reaction?

Abi90

Visit site
Don’t worry I will be ringing the vet in the morning but I didn’t think it constituted an emergency over the bank holiday.

A couple of weeks ago my Spaniel Cross, Tommy, had his annual vaccines and at the weekend I noticed a lump about the size of a 2p piece on his back between his shoulders. It hasn’t been there long as I definitely would have noticed it. It’s very mobile and not bothering him. Is it possible it’s a reaction to the vaccine? It’s pretty much where he was injected. Other thoughts were insect bites or stings.

He will be going to the vet to get it checked out but hadn’t even thought about it until I saw a thread about reactions in horses that seemed to describe it perfectly.

Photo of the little critter:

F688C1B9-573C-4F3F-A8A7-871BB739A8F1.jpeg

Clodagh

Visit site
Worth a phone call to the vets, I have never noticed a lump on mine (but not sure I have ever looked!). The horse used to get a lump sometimes.
He is a handsome boy. :)

Abi90

Visit site
Vet thinks it’s from his vaccination. Told me it could take a month or so to go down but to bring him back if it gets bigger. And he didn’t charge me for the visit which was nice. Vet did look at me like I was some sort of numpty but I can rest easy now

Clodagh

Visit site
Vet thinks it’s from his vaccination. Told me it could take a month or so to go down but to bring him back if it gets bigger. And he didn’t charge me for the visit which was nice. Vet did look at me like I was some sort of numpty but I can rest easy now

If it stops worry then it isn't being a numpty. :)

Aru

Visit site
Normal. Unless it's hot or sore don't worry about it,the fluid from the vaccines sometimes takes a while to be broken down and resorbed in some dogs.