Vale View BS report from today :) two double clears!

MandyMoo

Visit site
Popped Socks down to Vale View to do the British Novice and Discovery (had aims to do the 1m05 as well, but I am really quite ill with a horrid cold right now and have been excessively tired the past week so decided on doing just the two classes in the end!)

In the British Novice we had a double clear, and ended up 4th - yay - lots of pats for the ginger beast! Had a few minor dodgey jumps (got a bit deep to a couple due to rider error/numptyness) but Socks was super honest as per usual, and popped round like a pro!

Video of the BN (excuse my numpty rider moments and odd dodgey jump...the Discovery was much more rhythmical, honest!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P371MZaNxa0&feature=youtu.be

On to the Discovery - I decided to buck up my ideas a bit and get Socks a bit more forward and responsive to my leg and be more rhythmical (as really...my BN round was VERY iffy hahaha, whoops), so popped a few more fences in the warm up and went in for yet ANOTHER double clear - yay!! Sadly was juuuust out of the placings by less than half a second (boo hiss) but he was a little star. Love this little horse, such a gem :) He jumps MUCH better when I just let him run and jump in his own way, probably not the most stylish but he gets the job done. When I try and 'flash' him up a bit and over ride him, that's when we have faults, so I am learning to just leave him be!!

Video of the Discovery (slightly dodge jump over the first, and excuse me nearly colliding with the carrots in the jump off hahaha, pilot error in the turn! but overall I'm happy with the round!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA4XX3ECad0&feature=youtu.be

Overall a fab day with a rosette and some winnings! Plus Socks now has all four of his British Novice double clears, and only has one left to get for Discovery, clever ginger!

I should be out at Arena UK on 8th and 22nd April as i've booked them off work, and hopefully will slot in another show somewhere, and hopefully a lesson!

Hope you're all well!! :biggrin3:

Last edited:

DW Team

Visit site
Well done we were at Vale View today too. My boy jumped in Newcomers and Fox coming 3rd in first class and jumping a second double clear in Fox. They placed to 3rd but he would have come 4th if they had gone further only 5 double clears in fox.

MandyMoo

Visit site
Fab, looks like we all had a good mid week show!

Well done we were at Vale View today too. My boy jumped in Newcomers and Fox coming 3rd in first class and jumping a second double clear in Fox. They placed to 3rd but he would have come 4th if they had gone further only 5 double clears in fox.

Thank you :) and well done!

Well done, lovely rounds & even better to go home with a ribbon :)

Good day out!

Thank you!